Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View This board doesn't seem too active but just wanted to say based on my study of the Disciples I...
8 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 12:15AM #11
Justly

Feb 1, 2010 -- 4:48PM, Campbellite wrote:

Go to: Disciples.org and scroll down about half way to the "Congregation Finder". Enter your zip code et voilà!

I know a great site.  I had found 3 congregations but all of them about 20 mi or further from me.  I have corresponded with all 3 pastors however. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 2:23PM #12
Campbellite

I live 70 miles from my church. And I am the pastor!

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 8:18PM #13
Justly

I don't drive a whole lot but Campbellite that is wonderful you can do this to pastor your church.  Do you commute back and forth during the week as well?  I would imagine you would have to in order to perform your pastoral duties.  Does your church have a lot of weekday activities going on as well?  I'm sure your congregation is blessed to have you. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 11:51PM #14
Campbellite

Like a lot of small rural churches, we have almost everything on Sundays so I can avoid making multiple trips (They Do reimburse me mileage). I will make other trips in the case of a wedding or funeral, however. (So far I've only had one funeral.)

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2010 - 8:28PM #15
Vanessa86

Campbellite, you are such a stud! I had no idea your commute was that long.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 11:22AM #16
mecdukebec
I have pastored two (2) UCC yoked congos, and drove 150 miles/240 km every Sunday.  Great churches, Sunday naps after church, too, were great.  Those churches made me the preacher that I am.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2010 - 9:17AM #17
Vanessa86

Well, then, mecdukebec, you are obviously a stud too! Honestly, we Disciples are blessed when it comes to the dedication of our ministers...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 2:53PM #18
mitchel1

Justly, I don't know exactly where you are located but I gather you are in South Florida. The Disciples churches in Florida tend to be quite conservative. Some seem better suited for the Southern Baptist Convention, except for their relative openness to women in leadership. I can speak from some experience that Royal Palm Christian Church in Coral Springs is the most progressive congregation in the area. Very joyful, accepting and diverse theologically, racially, nationally, and economically. If it is not too far from you, it would be worth checking out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 12:32AM #19
Justly

Mitchel, are you Pastor Craig?  Smile  Thank you.  RPCC does seem like a church which could be a good fit for me.  Also possibly Tropical Sands in PGA.  But mapquesting shows both at about 28 mi from me and I don't do a lot of driving.  Are S FL DoC generally more progreassive than other parts of FL?   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook