Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
8 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2010 - 11:46AM #1
Shaner

Known often for blaming disaster's on the people themselves, he blames the people of Haiti for their catastrophic situation!

www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/14/politic...

Someone should put a muzzle on him.......there is a big backlash against him for his terrible remarks,

God bless,

Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2010 - 12:07PM #2
gilg

Dear Sandy,

He certainly has an interesting view of Christ, of God's love and mercy, there are probably many others that share his view.

What is good is the world response, I am pleased with the response from the US President and State Dept and  it is touching seeing the response from the average world citizen. There is much wrong but overall, I think humanity is moving in the right direction and God touches us all, the beliver and non believer, the world response is an example that we see the humanity in one another.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2010 - 12:37PM #3
Shaner

Jan 15, 2010 -- 12:07PM, gilg wrote:

Dear Sandy,

He certainly has an interesting view of Christ, of God's love and mercy, there are probably many others that share his view.

What is good is the world response, I am pleased with the response from the US President and State Dept and  it is touching seeing the response from the average world citizen. There is much wrong but overall, I think humanity is moving in the right direction and God touches us all, the beliver and non believer, the world response is an example that we see the humanity in one another.

Dear Gil,

You're no doubt right that others would share his view but thankfuly I believe they're in the minority, I'm also very encouraged by top level remarks as well as humanity itself, yes, God touch's us all and the big backlash against his remarks may cause him to rethink his stance on a vengeful God.  I pray so. 

Its wonderful to see the outpouring of humanity from Countries around the world, as well as the various Charities such as the Red Cross, Catholic Relief Services that are already there and doing what they can under very difficult circumstances. 

Yes, we're seeing humanity at its best and its wonderful!

God bless,

Sandy

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2010 - 7:58PM #4
jane2

I'm not certain who Robertson's audience is. I do know there a born-again fundamentalists who do not consider Catholics Christians. Eighty percent of the Haitian people are Catholic; some are voodooists and Catholic. This dualism is not unknown in Buddhist countries.

Pat Robertson is behind in almost all aspects of religious understanding. His adherents seemingly prefer a simple message: even one that is off the wall.

Natural disasters occur where they will. Something we have learned is that any rebuilding with concrete and concrete blocks needs steel rebar reinforcement. My hope is that USAID with help from CRS, etc. with long involvement in Haiti can help with long-term, sustainable rebuilding. CRS and USAID have partnered in many places around the globe.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 12:38PM #5
Luxfam4

He is in sore need of our prayers his ignorance betrays him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 8:59AM #6
Shaner

Jan 21, 2010 -- 12:38PM, Luxfam4 wrote:

He is in sore need of our prayers his ignorance betrays him.

Yes, I pray the Holy Spirit open's his mind, soul and heart to the real Gospel message - our God is a loving God, not a vengeful one,

God bless,

Sandy

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 10:44AM #7
steve123

Amen Shaner.  I believe because we are in a fallen world, that is why there are natural disasters, not because of what God has done, but by what we did in the Garden of Eden.  The earth quakes and shakes in longing for the return of the Savior....

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2010 - 4:12AM #8
jane2

Jan 22, 2010 -- 10:44AM, steve123 wrote:

Amen Shaner.  I believe because we are in a fallen world, that is why there are natural disasters, not because of what God has done, but by what we did in the Garden of Eden.  The earth quakes and shakes in longing for the return of the Savior....

Steve

This almost pure Augustine thought much prized by Benedict but not by all. I am a neo-neo-con Aquinas/Aristotle by philosophy--the midcentury thought taught in most of our great Catholic colleges up to and through Vatican II. It is entirely opposite of the thought of Augustine and the morass of original sin in the Garden of Eden.

I was taught to embrace the theory of evolution--in theology classes. Eden rather disappears in that milieu. We are still  evaluating how evil came to be. Now we are entranced by galaxies never know, certainly by Augustine or even Aquinas. Much is in shift even if Benedict and some in the Curia want to duck it.

Earthquakes, floods, hurricanes are natural phenomenon not punishments. We must deal with them as best we can, always with hope of a Divine Guidance. On the first day of the quake in Haity I sent a substantial donation to Catholic Relief Services: they are on the ground there already and work with USAID. I will probably send another as we see what the needs are; I sent a double $$$ to CRS for the tsumami fund again the CRS because they were were working with USAID in Indonesia, also.

So let us give generously to our brothers and sisters in distress.

I've said what I have to say about Pat Robertson. How we contribute to this disaster is much more important. We are our brother's keeper, whether we follow Augustin or Aquinas. We follow Christ, ever giving and administering.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 7:31AM #9
Mysty101

Hi Jane,

Happy, Healthy & Blessed New Year to you and all here.

re- Eden rather disappears in that milieu. We are still  evaluating how evil came to be.

Do you accept the teachings on Satan?

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 4:21PM #10
jane2

Jan 24, 2010 -- 7:31AM, Mysty101 wrote:

Hi Jane,

Happy, Healthy & Blessed New Year to you and all here.

re- Eden rather disappears in that milieu. We are still  evaluating how evil came to be.

Do you accept the teachings on Satan?

SuZ

Hi Mysti

That's one of those questions I can leave in abeyance.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook