Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
8 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 11:25PM #41
WaveringCC

Feb 11, 2010 -- 8:51PM, Shaner wrote:

Now Jane, be nice ..........Steve, Templar and I all believe in Original Sin....however, I believe it fit's in within the Theory of Evolution. 

The great majority of Catholics, as well as the Church itself, believe's the same......Steve, you're free to believe in the Garden of Eden theory, according to the CCC a Catholic can believe in that as well......although you know we don't take the Bible as literally as some Christians do. 

Your faith journey is your own and all faith journey's are honored here :-)

God Bless,

Sandy

Even mine?

Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 11:35PM #42
jane2

Now Jane, be nice Innocent..........Steve, Templar and I all believe in Original Sin....however, I believe it fit's in within the Theory of Evolution. 

The great majority of Catholics, as well as the Church itself, believe's the same......Steve, you're free to believe in the Garden of Eden theory, according to the CCC a Catholic can believe in that as well......although you know we don't take the Bible as literally as some Christians do. 

God Bless,

Sandy

I was nice: I just disagreed again.

And I didn't disallow anyone's faith journey. I'm not certain you have ever allowed mine. My college education was in the more liberal wing of the Catholic Church, beginning in 1956. I've remained in that intellectual wing all my life. I've been reading, along with my Dad as long as he was alive, AMERICA magazine the American Jesuit weekly for over 50 years. I buy and read 2-5 Catholic theological popular works a year. In Catholic college I had 24 crdit hours in Catholic theology and philosophy, twice as much philosophy. Very few who post here have formally studied much Catholic philosophy: that's okay but the philosophy makes a difference. One of my favorite priests here maintains one cannot do the theology without the philosophy.

I'm not wiser than others but I do think differently--no boxes. There is a difference between learning one's religion and studying theology and philosophy. One can choose how one wants to study or not study.

Personally I think our Creator puts each of us on a life journey that is unique: He doesn't use cookie cutters. If we pursue what we believe we are called to we will be fine. We needn't always agree.

(Sandy, you know I have a snarky side and perhaps my answer to Steve fell in that category. My family and best friends thrive on snarky and one-liners. It is who we are. Even my grandchildren now all in their teens are masters at snarky, as are their parents, cousins and grandparents. We are an arched eye-brow crowd as were many of my better teachers and professors.)

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 11:39PM #43
jane2

Cove

Maybe Bin Laden did fall into one of those cracks--no one is going to tell us that one !!

Sorry, couldn't resist................Wink

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 11:48PM #44
jane2

Feb 11, 2010 -- 11:25PM, WaveringCC wrote:

Now Jane, be nice ..........Steve, Templar and I all believe in Original Sin....however, I believe it fit's in within the Theory of Evolution. 

God Bless,

Sandy

Even mine?

Wink

Wavering

I treasue the story of your journey. We've learned so much together.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2010 - 7:06AM #45
Shaner

From Jane......

Personally I think our Creator puts each of us on a life journey that is unique: He doesn't use cookie cutters. If we pursue what we believe we are called to we will be fine. We needn't always agree.

(Sandy, you know I have a snarky side and perhaps my answer to Steve fell in that category. My family and best friends thrive on snarky and one-liners. It is who we are. Even my grandchildren now all in their teens are masters at snarky, as are their parents, cousins and grandparents. We are an arched eye-brow crowd as were many of my better teachers and professors.)

A delightful post Jane Laughing, I couldn't agree with you more! 

God bless,

Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2010 - 12:15PM #46
steve123

Jane,

"That just doesn't add up."

Neither does one man's death on a cross taking away the sins of the world....but I believe it......

Sometimes the things of God just don't add up.....logically in the mind of humankind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2010 - 8:23PM #47
jane2

Feb 18, 2010 -- 12:15PM, steve123 wrote:

Jane,

"That just doesn't add up."

Neither does one man's death on a cross taking away the sins of the world....but I believe it......

Sometimes the things of God just don't add up.....logically in the mind of humankind.

Steve

Our perceptions are just very different. I believe Christ came to lead us to the Father and extend the Kingdom. I believe He died because of how He decided to carry out His mission. That's not anathema, ya know. Your perception is different and that's okay. We won't come to a meeting of the minds on this.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2010 - 12:04PM #48
Thomas A Quinas

And now for a sequel (America, take heed!  Woe is me!!  Why do we fail to read our Bibles??)  Relevant segment begins at roughly 10:45 in:

Holiness consists simply in doing God's will, and being just what God wants us to be.. -- St. Therese of Lisieux. For applicable reads: Uniformity with God’s Will by Saint Alphonsus Liguori ... or ... Story of a Soul
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook