Switch to Forum Live View Looking for Feedback on www.newchurchlive.tv
5 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2009 - 10:07AM #1
ceblair

We just finished populating our New Church LIVE website.  I would love any feedback people are willing to offer.

The goal is to serve those not currently served.  Restated, we are looking to serve those who would not currently consider themselves "religious."  Therefore I am not interested in theological "sparring" around church doctrine but I more interested in creating a service oriented church, one that as Swedenborg puts it, combines faith with thoughtful living.

Please go to www.newchurchlive.tv and let me know what you think.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2010 - 9:02AM #2
newchurchguy

Dec 4, 2009 -- 10:07AM, ceblair wrote:

We just finished populating our New Church LIVE website.  I would love any feedback people are willing to offer.

The goal is to serve those not currently served.  Restated, we are looking to serve those who would not currently consider themselves "religious."  Therefore I am not interested in theological "sparring" around church doctrine but I more interested in creating a service oriented church, one that as Swedenborg puts it, combines faith with thoughtful living.

Please go to www.newchurchlive.tv and let me know what you think.

Chuck,

You have two attendence challenges.  Attendence on-line and attendence in the "bricks and mortar" location.

How are you reaching out to the local community - to bring in those to the physical service those who may be spiritual - but not current New Church members?

ncg

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 6:55PM #3
ceblair

Good question.

We are work on a "relational evangelization" model - long hand for people invite other people to church.  That seems to be working fairly well.   Not uncommon now to see people attend who were invited by someone who was invited.

We also just had a meeting with a focus group of people who we think are "connectors and influencers."  They gave some great feedback.  Moral of the story - get people involved.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2010 - 10:51AM #4
newchurchguy

Jan 27, 2010 -- 6:55PM, ceblair wrote:

We also just had a meeting with a focus group of people who we think are "connectors and influencers."  They gave some great feedback.  Moral of the story - get people involved.

Chuck,

I like the low key "relational" personal approach - among friends of church members - it has been the method for "comtep" services for years.  My observation is the close nature of the community acts as a barrier for a wide open feeling of excitement about discovering the "internal sense" of the Word. 

I agree with those of your committee - that New Church folks can be "connectors and influencers" - look at our past heritage, with Helen Keller and Johhny (Appleseed) Chapman.  In marketing - these "idea" people can be "specifiers".   By that is meant - people whose practices and opinions influence those looking for successful ways of doing things.

(modern example Criag's list)

Reporting by the media and advertising is the tried and try pathway to bring the ways and means of specifiers - to the larger public.  New Church Live has a format that is much more "inviting" to those who may be open and seeking a spiritual home.

I suggest that the atmosphere and especially the music during the services, is well-crafted enough - but "word of mouth" maybe insufficient to generate a critical-mass of attendees from surrounding communities to overcome the "insider" feel.

Many in Montgomery/Bucks County may have an impression about the Church - through Don Rose's years of writing columns in the local paper.  There maybe a way to use that background to bring people out.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2010 - 5:18PM #5
newchurchguy

Chuck,

Just to let you know my in-laws went to NCLive yesterday and gave the service a good review.  "Grandfather" found the music too loud, but all agreed the content was inspiring.

I will watch when it comes up on the website.

ncg

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 2:27PM #6
ceblair

Thanks.  That is great to hear! 

Actually Barry preached.  I was out in Sarver and preached at my old home church.

My favorite so far was the Haiti Benefit Service two weeks ago.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook