Switch to Forum Live View Anglican prayer beads
5 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2009 - 1:46PM #1
steve123

Hello,

I'm reading a book where Anglican prayer beads are mentioned.  Is there anywhere on the net where you can pray it virtually?  Also, is there anywhere that someone could recommend that I purchase one from?

Anybody have any experience using them?

God Bless,

Steve

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2009 - 2:23PM #2
calebevans218

I don't have much experience with them, but I know people who do. I can ask for you this Sunday, if you'd like. I tend to pray the rosary and I also use an Orthodox-style prayer rope. I would highly recommend either of these practices if you're interested in contemplative forms of prayer.

In Christ,

Caleb 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2010 - 9:25AM #3
Kristanscross

I learned about Anglican Rosaries a few years ago when I was asked to make a Catholic Rosary and doing research.  My uncle thought I was making it up.  Born and raised Episcopalian and my family is very active in the church but we'd never heard of it.  My dad introduced it to his parish last Advent and several members have embraced it.   If you want more information check my website.  www.kristanscross.com

Peace,

Kristan

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2010 - 10:13PM #4
kimberley1983

Hello!
I have a rosary, except it's a general Roman Catholic one. Does it matter if its Anglican or RC? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 12:36AM #5
Bro.shane

Apr 10, 2010 -- 10:13PM, kimberley1983 wrote:

Hello!
I have a rosary, except it's a general Roman Catholic one. Does it matter if its Anglican or RC?

I suppose to a certain extent it would as it isn't Anglican. The prayers are different.

What is good for the White Race is the highest virtue; what is bad for the White Race is the ultimate sin.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 3:47PM #6
adams87

Yes, the Anglican rosary is growing in usage throughout Anglicanism. Here is a site where you can pray the rosary virtually using the Trisagion and the Jesus Prayer...

www.kingofpeace.org/prayerbeads/trisagio...

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 26, 2013 - 1:51PM #7
JoanTreese

I use both rosaries.  The Anglican rosary affords more diversity in prayers that are used.  If you use Facebook, there is a site there about the Anglican rosary.  Also, Google search provides a wealth of information.

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook