Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Doing the Right Thing, 2nd try
5 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2009 - 3:54PM #11
Shaner

Very happy for you pensive, I do believe that God has shown you the direction to take with little Giovanni and you yourself sound positive and happy with it all, feeling confident you're doing the right thing!  Praise God for all prayers answered for your discernment over this!

It even sounds as though it may help your daughter with her depression, she really seems  to enjoy having him around, she was so sad God love her, when you had to bring him back to your niece's.  This could also be part of God's plan for you and your family!

I have every confidence my friend that you and your Mom will reconcile very soon :-).

I agree, life can be sometimes hard and so can decisions we make that we know in our heart are good and right.  Yep, ignore the naysayers,

Peace my friend,

Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2009 - 2:17PM #12
Pensive

Well today Giovanni is coming to stay with us.  It has been a hard decision to make, but we decided if nothing else to at least foster him with us for a while.  This way he can have a safew enviornment and receive the love and attention he needs.  Maybe it will be permanent, or maybe not.  I do not know.  If I do not at least try then I do both him and my family an injustice.  I have the oppurtunity to help a child in need.  I am grateful to God for this oppurtunity and test of my faith.  Peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2009 - 9:59PM #13
jane2

Oct 2, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Pensive wrote:

Well today Giovanni is coming to stay with us.  It has been a hard decision to make, but we decided if nothing else to at least foster him with us for a while.  This way he can have a safew enviornment and receive the love and attention he needs.  Maybe it will be permanent, or maybe not.  I do not know.  If I do not at least try then I do both him and my family an injustice.  I have the oppurtunity to help a child in need.  I am grateful to God for this oppurtunity and test of my faith.  Peace.

Your decision sounds like a good one. God bless..................

Jane

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2009 - 7:20PM #14
Mareczku

It sounds like you did the right thing.  I think it will be very good for Giovanni to be with you.  May God bless you all. 

Peace - Mareczku 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2009 - 7:46PM #15
Thomas A Quinas

Oct 2, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Pensive wrote:

Thanx for the update.

I admire your outlook, and for what it's worth, I haven't reached the point where I'd be grateful for such an opportunity.  Hopefully the father's last stint in the big house will straighten him out a little.  It eventually happened with my uncle, though he spent over half his adult life in prison.  I remember seeing him there when I was very young and didn't even really know who he was or where we were seeing him, but at least he wasn't my father.  Those are not the memories a young one wants to conjure up later down the road.  May God give your family the strength to perservere through your struggles.

,Thomas

"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts, neither intelligencenor talents. He cherishes simplicity."-- St. Theresa of Lisieux
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2009 - 10:02PM #16
Pensive

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  It was a rough weekend, but we all survived more or less.  I've been asking St. Joseph to intercede for me, because he is the most successful foster-father I know of!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook