Page 10 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 8:15PM #91
Dutch777

Interesting that anyone would wish to identify with Lincoln Meyer.  Does the mincing Queen routine go with that, Linc?

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 8:18PM #92
Roodog

Excuse me Gents:

But isn't this thread abpout the ELCA and their recent decision to admit gays into the clergy??

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 8:57PM #93
Bevo

Now Dutch, don't you go making me accuse you of being another Mr. Dirty Mouth.

Look, Mr. Dirty Mouth (aka Mr. UCC) made all sorts of dirty sexual comments to me.  Mr. UCC is Mr. Dirty Mouth.  Mr. Dirty Mouth can't keep his head out of his trousers.  Mr. Dirty Mouth seems to have a dirty little mind.

But I await Mr. Dirty Mouth posting more sexually explicit dirty comments, directed at me.  After all, according to Mr. Dirty Mouth, I am the one with all these sexual problems.  And only Mr. Dirty Mouth seems capable of analyzing my sexual attitudes and behavior.  Mr. Dirty Mouth is basically a cross between Kreskin and Lincoln.  He's Kreskin in that he can diagnose and discern person's sexual behaviors over the Internet, and he's Mr. Dirty Mouth in that his diagnosis always involves some perversion.

No, Mr. Dirty Mouth.  I am a perfectly happy, celibate single male of 55 years.  Mr. Dirty Mouth, I was married for 15 years and have two most wonderful adult children.  After my divorce, I dated several women, but it wasn't meant to be.  So today, Mr. Dirty Mouth, I live alone with my dogs.  And life couldn't be any better!  I have ZERO desire to pursue relationship with another woman.  Believe it or not, Mr. Dirty Mouth, sex is a totally distant thought.  It is so far down the "food chain" in my thought life that it hardly even registers a blip on the radar screen.  I've been there, and I've done that. 

So, Mr. Dirty Mouth, pull your head out of your trousers. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 9:09PM #94
mecdukebec

Aug 23, 2009 -- 8:18PM, Roodog wrote:

Excuse me Gents:

But isn't this thread abpout the ELCA and their recent decision to admit gays into the clergy??

Yes, it was, and I apologise for inciting some rather weird confessionals (infra) that are forthcoming from a troll.  It has always seemed to me that some of those who need grace most will bite against it most.   

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 9:12PM #95
Bevo

So, Mr. Dirty Mouth, do you apologize for all your sexual accusations directed towards me?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 9:28PM #96
Dutch777

Aug 23, 2009 -- 8:57PM, Bevo wrote:

Now Dutch, don't you go making me accuse you of being another Mr. Dirty Mouth.

Let's be accurate: I'm Mr. Dirty Mind --- "mind", mind you.

Look, Mr. Dirty Mouth (aka Mr. UCC) made all sorts of dirty sexual comments to me.  Mr. UCC is Mr. Dirty Mouth.  Mr. Dirty Mouth can't keep his head out of his trousers.  Mr. Dirty Mouth seems to have a dirty little mind.

His head? Is that  what's in his trousers?  I hadn't checked. 

But I await Mr. Dirty Mouth posting more sexually explicit dirty comments, directed at me.  After all, according to Mr. Dirty Mouth, I am the one with all these sexual problems.  And only Mr. Dirty Mouth seems capable of analyzing my sexual attitudes and behavior.  Mr. Dirty Mouth is basically a cross between Kreskin and Lincoln.  He's Kreskin in that he can diagnose and discern person's sexual behaviors over the Internet, and he's Mr. Dirty Mouth in that his diagnosis always involves some perversion.

Have you talked this over with anyone professionally?

No, Mr. Dirty Mouth.  I am a perfectly happy, celibate single male of 55 years.  Mr. Dirty Mouth, I was married for 15 years and have two most wonderful adult children.  After my divorce, I dated several women, but it wasn't meant to be.  So today, Mr. Dirty Mouth, I live alone with my dogs.  And life couldn't be any better!  I have ZERO desire to pursue relationship with another woman.  Believe it or not, Mr. Dirty Mouth, sex is a totally distant thought.  It is so far down the "food chain" in my thought life that it hardly even registers a blip on the radar screen.  I've been there, and I've done that. 

Thanks for the unrequested C.V. .   Did you really think it necessary to spill it here?  Aren't they interested in your personal desires over on the Methodist board?

Here, we are not.

So, Mr. Dirty Mouth, pull your head out of your trousers. 

There you go again, expressing your sartorial fixations.  Have you ever considered becoming a tailor? 

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 9:33PM #97
Bevo

I'm 6 foot.  Male tailors are never taller than 5'5".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 9:40PM #98
Dutch777

Yeah, you're right, Roo.  It's about ELCA; not about Mr. Dirty Mouth (our visitor from the UCC) or Mr. Dirty Mind (your's truly), or Dirty Gerty From Berzerty (an old pop song; before "my time").

Have you ever eaten at an ELCA pot-luck supper?  In general, their fare is better than in most TEC churches --- except when the really loaded TEC churches hire an upscale catering service.  The types of food I'm used to, the Northern European stuff, is located in ELCA churches.  They're not into those crummy cucumber triangular sandwichettes or beige soup.

If you want really great bratwurst and bockwurst and such, go ELCA.

See, we're back on true-course.

Aren't we?

Aug 23, 2009 -- 8:18PM, Roodog wrote:

Excuse me Gents:

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 11:24PM #99
Roodog

Aug 23, 2009 -- 6:32PM, LitanyoftheSaints wrote:

Aug 23, 2009 -- 5:16PM, Bevo wrote:

Society doesn't accept premarital sex?  Yeah, there sure were outcries of condemnation when Letterman and his girl friend bore a child out of wedlock.  Not.  Everyone thought it was just lovely and wonderful.

As Barney Frank recently asked, "What planet do you live on?"

Well, I for one didn't think it was so "lovely and wonderful". Not so much because he and GF were having pre-marital sex, but because he had an unplanned baby. With his age, intelligence and wealth (and not to mention that he hinted in the past that he did not want kids at all!), I expected more from him. But, oh well, it's not the end of the world. At least he had the class to marry her and he can probably provide for the kid nicely.

Why pick Letterman of all people anyway? Bad example.

Let's talk about any number of politicians who have cheated on their wives and fathered children out of wedlock (John Edwards, I'm looking at you). These are guys that are supposed to set standards, be God-fearing and have character.  And I don't think people are accepting what Edwards did. I think his political career is done, nada, kaput.

Do you really expect people, in 2009, to stop having premarital sex and be virginal until the honeymoon? Like you said, "What planet are you living on?"

Litany,

Believe it or not, I saved myself for marriage at the age of 41.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 11:38PM #100
Spokang

I lived in Austin, Texas for 35 years, worked at the University of Texas for 30.  Lived with the arrogant, inflated, ingnorant personalities of Texan wingnuts fools for all those years.  It pained me to leave my enlightened friends, but I finally fled those bloated self-righteous, provencial, pitiable types this past year.  It may be BIG, but it sure is stupid.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook