Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Bsihop Mark Lawrence against the tide
8 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 11:20AM #11
Tombrisson

Aug 16, 2009 -- 9:53PM, Tombrisson wrote:

Aug 16, 2009 -- 2:51PM, Roodog wrote:

In my Church, the shoe is on the other foot. The liberals will neither leave nor obey the denominational stands. It's a royal pain (you know where!) We'll see how much TEC will put up with.

They've made such a point of being a "big tent" that it would be the worst hypocrisy to put up with a John Spong only to try to kick out a Mark Lawrence.

A heresy trial in the Episcopal Church? Hard to know what the boundaries would be in a church that doesn't seem to have any.

Good point. And I was surprised by both.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 10:01PM #12
Roodog

Tom,

A furlough is a royal pain in the bum, The City pulled that on me and my colleagues and it meant a cut in pay. But the city did it a day at a time, a half  a month is devastaing, most folks live from paycheck to paycheck. I hate that when the company screws its employees.

I've got you and the Mrs. in my prayers. Hope she recovers and you can get another car without being set back a fortune.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook