Switch to Forum Live View Really thinking about becoming a Nazarene.
5 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2009 - 9:50PM #1
Rmravon

I posted the folllowing post in a Methodist forum befor I found this Nazarene forum.  I seem to really be lining up with Nazarene's; and had a similar experience with a Naz. pastor that I talked to today as far as entire santification.  I have tried to share my beliefs with people at my church, but just get blank stares; .  Anyhow, here was my post, please reply and thank you! 

I really am trying to understand the difference between the UMC, Wesylan Church, Nazarene Church, And some that I found are a blend of them such as the Weslyan Methodist and Evangelical Methodists.  I am currently non-denom.  and am seeking out a church that is rich in the Bible, Big on it's community of Believers, and a good place for families.  I know some have camps and other ministries that are family focused.  Also, I am being called into ministry, and really admire how the Methodist and Weslyan's allow women as preachers.  Any help, advice, links, ect. would be apprecaited.  Do any of them have modern worship?  I think I am leaning toward Nazarene, but need clarity. If you could share some of your stories too, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks and God Bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2009 - 9:53PM #2
The_greginator

Aug 11, 2009 -- 9:50PM, Rmravon wrote:

I posted the folllowing post in a Methodist forum befor I found this Nazarene forum.  I seem to really be lining up with Nazarene's; and had a similar experience with a Naz. pastor that I talked to today as far as entire santification.  I have tried to share my beliefs with people at my church, but just get blank stares; .  Anyhow, here was my post, please reply and thank you! 

I really am trying to understand the difference between the UMC, Wesylan Church, Nazarene Church, And some that I found are a blend of them such as the Weslyan Methodist and Evangelical Methodists.  I am currently non-denom.  and am seeking out a church that is rich in the Bible, Big on it's community of Believers, and a good place for families.  I know some have camps and other ministries that are family focused.  Also, I am being called into ministry, and really admire how the Methodist and Weslyan's allow women as preachers.  Any help, advice, links, ect. would be apprecaited.  Do any of them have modern worship?  I think I am leaning toward Nazarene, but need clarity. If you could share some of your stories too, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks and God Bless.

Hello! You may want to go to Nazarene.org. That is our church website, where you can find a church, see our beliefs, and look at some clergy stuff if you're discerning a call.

Greg

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2009 - 1:38PM #3
Ilovejesuswhoistruegod

I am trying a Nazarene Church this Sunday, I really love what I've read so far about the Church of the Nazarene and would love to learn more. It seems like the Church of the Nazarene is what John Wesley wanted all along and that the Nazarene Church is pure Methodism and Pure Christianity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2009 - 7:56PM #4
The_greginator

Well, I hope you have a blessed time!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook