Switch to Forum Live View Spiritual Strengths & Weaknesses
5 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2009 - 11:12PM #1
imsavedru

I would like to hear from you honest "threaders" about what you feel your strengths and weaknesses are spiritually.

Mine are as follows:

Weakness

Letting the past hinder my present . Its hard not to look back at times- but it can affect my walk with the Lord and cause me discouragment.

Staying too busy with projects. Not relaxing enough and simply enjoying the presence of God.

Strengths

Dependable and trustworthy.  I will do what I say Im going to do.

My desire to serve the Lord and to continually intercede for my family.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 3:34PM #2
sincerly

Aug 8, 2009 -- 11:12PM, imsavedru wrote:

I would like to hear from you honest "threaders" about what you feel your strengths and weaknesses are spiritually.

Mine are as follows:

Weakness

Letting the past hinder my present . Its hard not to look back at times- but it can affect my walk with the Lord and cause me discouragment.

Staying too busy with projects. Not relaxing enough and simply enjoying the presence of God.

Strengths

Dependable and trustworthy.  I will do what I say Im going to do.

My desire to serve the Lord and to continually intercede for my family.   

imsavedru,  The Biblical message isn't concerned with my so called "strengths and weaknesses---as per this topic"(Ezek.14:14-20), That is my responsibility in effecting the proper relationship to My GOD and fellow beings.

Jesus placed in proper relationship the comparison of individuals with the "praying of the Pharisee and the Publican".  Our focus should be upon Jesus(not other people) and HIS Strengths(sinned not).

All strength I have is acknowledging GOD as GOD and in the Obedience to HIS "Thus saith the LORD". All weakness I have is in the refusal to OBEY HIM as LORD of my life and  (Heb. 12:1) "lay aside that(I think "little") sin which so easily besets us(me)". 

I do understand the point of your topic.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 2:23AM #3
spudette

Well said, Sincerly. As sinners, we have no strengths of our own. Whatever strengths we have are Jesus's, Who give them to us. Phil. 2:13 says: "for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:39PM #4
imsavedru

I understand what you are both saying but I was looking for transparency here.  Let your hair down a little and tell us what you struggle with and what youve learned are your strong qualities that can be useful for the kingdom.    Tongue out

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 6:45PM #5
spudette

I really meant what I said, IM. I really have no strength of my own. The minute I think I've accomplished something, I fall on my face. I have to put on the full armor of God, as Paul said, and if you look carefully at each piece of the armor, each one is one of Jesus' character traits, so the strength really isn't my own, but His, and sometimes putting the armor on once a day is not enough by far, I have to do it repeatedly. The only thing I have that the Kingdom of God can use is my willingness, and even that has been a gift of God. I realized this when I finally understood that sometimes I lie to myself, and decided to be strictly honest with myself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2011 - 11:31PM #6
Inquisitivelearner

I know what you're asking here. I do understand both concepts of "my strengths" and strengths in Jesus. It's true we have nothing without Jesus, but even unbelievers have their strengths and weaknesses. 

I'm currently doing research to find where I'm weak and strong.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook