5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:42AM #1
Beckaj75

Hello :)

I have been church searching recently and posted a where do I belong thread in another forum and after coming through the replies decided that DOC sounded promising Laughing

so I started doing some research and came across the video "a movement for wholeness" on youtube that talks about the history of the DOC and it's beliefs etc.. and I am very impressed.

I am now planning to visit one of my local DOC churches a.s.a.p.

so you might be seeing me around here a lot more..Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2009 - 11:48PM #2
stonecampbell74

I am moving in that direction myself, (the Disciples of Christ) I'll have to check out the youtube video. Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2009 - 7:29PM #3
Campbellite

Could you post a link to that video?  I am a fifth generation DOC and would love to see it. I wonder if it was part of what we saw at the General Assembly in Indianapolis last week?

If you check out the General Church website, you will find a "church finder" link where you can find a congregation near you. (Unless you are in one of the four states where we have no presence. We're working on that.)

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2009 - 9:20PM #4
Beckaj75

here is the youtube link.. sorry I did not post it before

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSBUtUM_EM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2009 - 11:38PM #5
Campbellite

Yup! That was one of the vids used at General Assembly. If you happen to be in Lunenburg Co. Virginia on  Sunday, come visit us. :grin:  Yes, we do have other congregations.

I am on a first name basis with about half of the folks speaking in this vid. And the interior shot at 7:13 is my home church.

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2009 - 7:01PM #6
Vanessa86

Let me add my belated welcome!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement