Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View What are the best parts of your Methodist experience?
4 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2010 - 3:05PM #31
Veryarminianevangelical4ever

I'm not a United Methodist, however I love the Methodist Arminian-Wesleyan tradition. I like Methodism that walks the walk and talks the talk. I go to Church of the Nazarene so I'm one of those Evangelical Arminian-Wesleyan Holiness tradition Methodists. I love my Church because of what is best of the Arminian-Wesleyan tradition. I believe we differ from Calvinists in many ways but I believe we are all Christians no matter what the denomination, whether it be Mainline, Evangelical, Fundamentalist and so on. I have friends who are Calvinist-Reformed, Catholic, Jewish and other non-Christian and Christian denominations.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 11:58AM #32
Bezant

Aug 1, 2009 -- 9:44PM, Kevinponeill wrote:

What are the best parts of your experience worshipping and serving God with "the people called Methodist"?

My family was originally Methodist and while still a child we "converted" to the Catholic Church, but it was all in good humour.

They were good years. Sunday school. Church choir. The bible camp. I still have my first adult Bible from the Methodist church. We never felt unwelcome.

According to the beliefnet quiz I'm not terribly far from my Methodist roots...Cool

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2010 - 1:48PM #33
Veryarminianevangelical4ever

Thank you so much for that link Kevin, of course all Wesleyan Churches share the same heritage and tradition. God bless you Kevin and all of you in here in this Forum, God bless.Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook