Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
5 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2009 - 10:34AM #11
Pensive

Aug 11, 2009 -- 2:22PM, steve123 wrote:

Shaner,

Great ideas.

Pensive,

SORRY!  I didn't mean to refer to you as 'that person'.  Thank you very much for the websites.

God Bless,

Steve

No insult taken Steve.  If you need something to get your own shrine started then let me know.  I have some spare framed Mary icons I can part with.  Peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 11:43AM #12
steve123
WOW, that would be fantastic.  How much for them?  Do you have any photos of them?

Thanks,

Steve
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 1:27PM #13
Pensive

Aug 13, 2009 -- 11:43AM, steve123 wrote:

WOW, that would be fantastic.  How much for them?  Do you have any photos of them?  Thanks,  Steve

Well Steve123, I have this framed Russsian icon print you might like.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 5:50PM #14
steve123

Pensive,

Thank you so much for the image of Mary and Jesus.  I just received it today, and LOVE it.  I'll send pictures soon.

God Bless,

Steve

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2009 - 10:42AM #15
Pensive

Aug 26, 2009 -- 5:50PM, steve123 wrote:

Pensive,

Thank you so much for the image of Mary and Jesus.  I just received it today, and LOVE it.  I'll send pictures soon.

God Bless,

Steve

Did you ever get your shrine set up Steve?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 10:47PM #16
OleCatholicCrank

Since I'm very fond of Byzantine religious art, I have a home shrine which consists of an icon of Christ Pantocrator I bought bought from  monastery in Greece years ago.  In addition of I have other icons of St. Nicholas, one of my patrons,  a Coptic icon of St. Minas of Egypt I bought in Cairo at the Coptic Museum, a Byzantine icon of Our Lady and the Holy Child (Theotokos), a copy of my great grandfather's Book of Common Prayer printed in 1847, a bronz Orthodox incense burner and hanging antique icon lamp I bought in Athens. I've added a holy water font, a Coptic incense box, my old rosary beads, and a Catholic bible (Jerusalem bible), a Byzantine missal together with other religious books.

I burn scented olive oil in the icon lamp and always use pure 100% beeswax candles.  Flowers and a crucifix from my childhood were added to complete the home "altar".

I recommend buying most of your religious objects for your home shrine from Eastern Catholic or Orthodox supply houses, especially the latter.  You get a better selection of really good art and liturgical objects such as lamps, varities of incense burners at much better prices.  They're usually made in monasteries in Russia , Greece, or the Balkans and, in my view, are decidedly superior to most of the items generally available in Roman Catholic religious goods stores.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook