Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View A lighter Topic? :-)
8 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2009 - 11:35PM #31
jane2

Malanga, Pensive, why the change of a posting name? I'm curious.

When I wake up tomorrow I will not be exactly the person I was when I woke up today but a new amalgamation--it's not linear though.

I'm thinking of changing avatars, though, because I did a fine photo of my neighbor's patio flowers and made it into a card for their 55th wedding anniversary. My photographs are part of who I am. The current avatar is a photo of blue hydrangeas pampered by another neighbor--she is 80 and has Alzheimer's; I made her a framed 8x10.

Hmmm............

Moderated by Shaner on Jul 18, 2009 - 07:01AM
discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2009 - 11:50PM #32
jane2

Jul 16, 2009 -- 2:25PM, Pensive wrote:

How strange this thread started just as I have my username!  For those of you who recognize the avatar, it is I, the member formally known as malanga!  Now malanga has no special meaning behind it.  It is actually a tuber grown and eaten commonly in Puerto Rico which I was found of as a child.  It was also used as a nickname for someone who is a "true" Puerto Rican back in my youth.  I used it for various accounts, including Beliefnet.  As time has passed, I've kinda outgrown the name and had been planning to change it for some time. So now I am pensive, because that reflects my mindset as I am always pondering things.  Hope you all like the new fit!

Hi Pensive

I lost track of this thread for a bit. Pondering is good: it leads us places we need to go and discards where we need not go.

This week I have been involved on the new Hot Topics Zone board about the Sotomayor hearings, so I'm glad I knew you as malanga, too. I think she will be a superior judge for our SCOTUS. All of our heritages are important, but who we become is even more important.

Jane

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2014 - 6:52AM #33
Mysty101

Hi Thomas---

Thanks for bringing up this thread.  It is a great tribute to Sandy.

Perhaps others will share.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook