Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

8 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 9:28AM #1
deVillenueve

Perhaps many who visit here already know of Dr. Francis Collins and his work.  He is a world renowned scientist in the area of genetics as well as being a physician and he is also a Christian.

His book, "The Language Of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence For Belief" has been a best seller for many months and I am sure many of you have already read it.

What some may not know is that Dr. Collins and a group of scientists and theologians have a website called www.biologos.org which is dedicated to building a bridge of understanding between science and theology and promoting the theory that there is a compatibility between what we have learned through science discovery and a belief in God.

I just learned from the website that Princeton Theological Seminary has a huge endowment for funding a curriculum in the study of science/faith issues.  They are already forming the first classes and a link on the website goes to the PTS page which has the application forms and full information about the courses.

Interestingly, the initial attendance must be in pairs with a pastor or other church designated official attending along with someone in the field of science.

For any here who have an interest in learning more about  what scientists have learned about our universe and how our planet and life on it developed, I think you will find this site interesting. These scientists present a case for how all this ties in with God's supreme hand in creation as well as His plan for the development of humanity for His glory.

Again the site is www.biologos.org

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook