Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Marian Gardens, revisted
9 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 11:56AM #11
Prajna

there is a bookstore at a catholic church in the next city.  I'll ask them if they have any.  i haven't seen any statues from the local stores in my area (Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot) this is a heavily protestant area...

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 3:12PM #12
malanga

May 13, 2009 -- 11:11AM, Shaner wrote:

God idea, malanga! 

Your right about that Sandy, it was probably God that put the idea in my head!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 3:14PM #13
malanga

May 13, 2009 -- 11:56AM, Prajna wrote:

there is a bookstore at a catholic church in the next city.  I'll ask them if they have any.  i haven't seen any statues from the local stores in my area (Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot) this is a heavily protestant area...

Ah, thats too bad.  The Wal-marts around me have a decent selection: I once saw a cement St. Fiacre and a cement St. Francis at a Walmart for 20 dolars each!  But then, there are many Catholics in this area so there is a market.  If you cannot find anything, let me know.  I already helped Sandy find one.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 4:25PM #14
Prajna

Well the Walmart in the next city over has a huge Hispanic population.  So they might carry one.  I'm also trying to find those votice candles with image of Jesus/Mary on the front. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 4:25PM #15
malanga

Well, it been a month since my last posting, so here are some pics of the MArian garden I started:

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 8:15PM #16
Shaner

Very nice!  The flowers are beautiful and make each Garden spot unique in its own way  Smile.

You can tell the Gardener has put a lot of TLC into each one :-).

I'll have to upload my own, as soon as I can grab my neighbour with her digital camera (ours is broken) so you can see my own Marian Garden and what a good 'home' the BVM has been given!

Anyone else have pics to show?

Peace, Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2009 - 5:46PM #17
Pensive

Well, it has been a month now, and overall the garden is doing quite nicely.

St. Joseph so far has done the best.  His area has truly flourished!

St Fiacre has a simple garden with Creeping Tyme and Sage.  I just planted a Bleeding Heart behind him though.

And Mary is looking good, although plainer than I hoped.  She is in a shady area and some of the flowers I planted did not do so well.

Well, I'm still waiting for other garden pictures!  (looking in your direction Shaner...)

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2009 - 11:47PM #18
Roodog

I would think that you could get the statues at a Catholic Church Goods store in your town or on the internet. 

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2009 - 7:42AM #19
Shaner

Oh wow, your Gardens have really flourished Pensive, they're very beautiful, a feast for the eyes!!  You've poured a lot of TLC and your green thumb into each Garden and it really show's.......I know our BVM and St.'s Joseph and Fiacre are very pleased at the way you've honored them all!! 

I know, I get your hint, :-)  I'm probably the only person left in North America that doesn't own a digital camera, lol.  I keep meaning to ask my neighbour to take a pic for me and then it slip's my mind........I'll stop prcrastinating and definitely ask her this weekend!

I have a small photo of my sister's St. Francis Garden on my Profile, but its so small, you really can't see it well enough to do it justice.......I'm not that tech savvy, don't know how to make a pic bigger, :-)

Anyway, thanks so much for posting them, they really are very beautiful!!

God bless,

Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook