Switch to Forum Live View This is the first time that I have heard of Christadelphian...
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 1:22AM #1
whichone

I don't know anything about the denomination called Christadelphian?  Would someone tell me about it?  I miss the little explainations the forums used to have.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2009 - 11:18AM #2
Djf

Hi there,

I'll try to give you small posts on key areas, when I have a little time later.

djf

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2009 - 8:59AM #3
Djf

Christadelphians take the Bible, Old & New Testaments, to be the only authority on belief & behaviour.

That means that we actually have doctrines which we believe to be as close as it is possible to get to the 'good news delivered by Christ'. The 'orthodox' churches have a history of developing & changing their doctrine in such a way that some don't recognise US as Christian!

We believe that the Gospel is all about the fulfilment of the promises made to Abraham, and that Jesus is to return to restore the Kingdom of God on earth.

We believe that God created the world etc all with the future Kingdom glory in mind, knowing that he would complete the work through making a son. A son who would show us God's grace, would mediate, be priest & king, judge & advocate - the man Jesus.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 4:24PM #4
Sisterintruth

I went to my first meeting last night at a local congregation & it was wonderful. the women were wearing some sort of headcoveringsmainly mantellas (like catholics) which i'm use to wearing, they read out of the kjv,nkjv,or niv. this class or(ecclesiacts) was about maybe 15 at the wed night study,but a sister said no more then 45-50 on a Sunday.

they were studying out of the book of Jerimiah. reminded me of a small church of christ I use to go to as far as setting wise. it was good,that I want to look into it again Sunday morning.Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:34AM #5
Sisterintruth

Ok it's been now about 3months. It is nice, but not for me.

They do not have a childcare setting except for Sunday School. I have 2 younger children needing to be in a supervised room w/o me being in there. The people are nice, but this congregation is not for me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2010 - 2:39PM #6
Patricklongworth

Although I've not attended a Christadelphian Church, your experience seems similar to a church that I attended for many years in regard to the need for services for children, minding children or teaching them.  It was a relatively large congregation but there was still trouble finding people to commit to those acts of love and help that would enable many people to attend.

I hope that you will find a church that will enable you to worship while your children are looked after but...

My experience suggests that in many cases it may not be possible and it seems a shame to leave a church because that cannot be provided.  Perhaps someone could've been persuaded to help out or perhaps other adjustments could've been made, the children in the same room with people taking turns looking after them, perhaps?

I wish you well, in your search for a church in which that will be provided.

GOD bless you!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2011 - 10:53PM #7
acomtha

Hi, it is sad that there is no activity here. But I will response anyway. There was a time when children were well enough trained that they  would sit quietly in church beside their parents. It isn't like that anymore? Maybe a couple women or girls could watch over the children each sunday, different ones each sunday, taking turns?

Acomtha

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook