Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Is Jesus Christ God?
8 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2010 - 3:33PM #31
Campbellite

Apr 12, 2010 -- 5:43PM, Sisterintruth wrote:

The trinity idea came along with Constine in the christian church,

Bollocks! This is a load of complete nonsense. The Mormons might teach something akin to this. But no self respecting Bible believing Christian would buy it.

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2010 - 10:01PM #32
TENAC

I would like to see them do a DNA sample on the Shroud of Turin.

Would there be 23 chromosomes or 46?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 12:43PM #33
Campbellite

Apr 20, 2010 -- 10:01PM, TENAC wrote:

I would like to see them do a DNA sample on the Shroud of Turin.

Would there be 23 chromosomes or 46?

Oddly enough, they have actually tried to do that. Unfortunately, there was not a sufficient sample to so the test. And what was there was badly degraded due to exposure to air and light.

Good question, however.

You are unique.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2010 - 8:33PM #34
newway87

Campellite, I just read a biography of Alexander Campbell.  Although I'm apparently VERY slow on the uptake, I finally get it.  You crack me up---great username.Sealed

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  May 03, 2010 - 4:00PM #35
Campbellite

Apr 30, 2010 -- 8:33PM, newway87 wrote:

Campellite, I just read a biography of Alexander Campbell.  Although I'm apparently VERY slow on the uptake, I finally get it.  You crack me up---great username.

My family have been involved in the Movement since at least the 1840s. We go back to when there was no distinction between Disciples of Christ and Churches of Christ and Christian Churches. Hence I chose a name that conects all three.

When the Churches of Christ and the Disciples of Christ parted ways ca. 1900, my own family, sadly, was divided. I know the pain of schism and church division all too well. It was quite literally one hundred years (July 2000) before we could talk in a civil manner, with our own blood kin, about religious matters, without coming to blows.

You are unique.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 11:22PM #36
newway87

Ah, the pitfalls of any passionate subject.  I was just discussing this with my mentor last week--why is it that we Christians often seem to have such a terribly hard time agreeing to disagree on non-essentials (Romans 14), when we typically agree fully on the really difficult and important things?  There's such a big chasm between "I'm okay, you're okay" theology and differentiating between God-given laws and manmade rites and practices. 

Is it a relentless drive to be right, or a defensive response?  It's probably a complex combination.  But whatever it is, it's almost criminal that we can't get it together.

And I meant no disrespect to the difficulties your family has been through, it just struck me as ironic that you'd call yourself after a man who would have had a cow about it--if his biographies portray his beliefs correctly.

Shalom!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2010 - 12:41AM #37
Darryl

According to the scriptures, Jesus is God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook