Switch to Forum Live View Home School Curriculum
5 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2009 - 3:03PM #1
Toniasberry

We are members of the North Summit COC in Arkansas City, KS. I am planning on homeschooling our daughter this fall. I was wondering if you know of a program that is closer to the COC.  Thank you, Tonia

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 1:09PM #2
Campbellite

Apr 6, 2009 -- 3:03PM, Toniasberry wrote:

the COC doctrine.

I thought there was no such thing.

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 01, 2010 - 10:54AM #3
Patti

Hey fellow homeschooler c of c.  I have been unable to find curriculum written by a member of the church.  Anyone out there?????????  Maybe that's our calling???????? Patti (smile)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 03, 2010 - 4:07PM #4
Campbellite

Serious question here. How would curriculum written by a church member be significantly different from that of a non-member? Especially in things like English (Grammar and spelling and basic literacy is the same no matter who teaches it), Math (2+2=4, no matter what), Geography (Cities and countries don't move or change because of who is teaching it.)

What, exactly is the advantage of homeschooling here?

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 3:42PM #5
Sisterintruth

I donot know of CoC homeschooling, but I do know my former pastors wife homeschools her children & not using a CoC curriculum. We use Rod&Staff publishing.they are an oldfashioned Menonnite/Amish background & my son is doing excellent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2010 - 6:38PM #6
beliefitornot

Patti. It is, based on our beliefs, a good question. You might want to look into Bible Study Guide Line for All Ages for your Bible Curric. Then, Write to Spell & Read is basically what the founding fahter's of the US used. There is a Biblical thread without Denominational doctrine. You will get references to the Creator and wisdom from Proverbs, but you won't get error about slavation. Saxon Math, Singapor Math, Math U See are all wonderful programs. Math U See is by a Denominational believer, who has done some songs for skip counting, etc. that use Biblical principals. But, there is also a more secular version offered for public schools. Apologia Science is very good. You won't have to explain error until they are old enough to dicern for themselves about evolution. I have a special needs child, so I am limited on History, etc. I will try to ask around. Also, Draw to Learn for Art is very good. It is Bible based Art for everyday. We are doing The Life of Jesus. Next year will be Acts.

Let not your heart be troubled.

Belief it or Not Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook