Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View from now on i will make the sign of the cross with these words...
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 10:20AM #1
Peter_d_roman

"In The Name of Our Father, Our Mother, and Our Savior Brother."

amen.

peace and good and tons o'love

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 11:54PM #2
ConanTheLibrarian

I always liked this version: "In the name of the Creator, and of the Redeemer and of the Sanctifier. Amen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2009 - 1:01PM #3
Peter_d_roman

Apr 5, 2009 -- 11:54PM, ConanTheLibrarian wrote:

I always liked this version: "In the name of the Creator, and of the Redeemer and of the Sanctifier. Amen.

yours is nice- but it seems to lack The Family connection that  Our Savior Brothers work of Perfect Love and our spiritual redemption that Work formed for us all-

boldly we that say "  Our Father " at prayer because that is how He said we all should think of The Creator- He IS Our Father.

also yours leaves unmentioned Our Mighty Mom- the one Our Brother told us via john  from His Cross'... " behold YOUR MOTHER"

thanks for your reply.

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2009 - 11:43PM #4
ConanTheLibrarian

While I cannot confirm this, I have been told that in some languages the Holy Spirit is referred to as "she" and uses the feminine definite artcle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 10:16AM #5
Peter_d_roman

Apr 6, 2009 -- 11:43PM, ConanTheLibrarian wrote:

While I cannot confirm this, I have been told that in some languages the Holy Spirit is referred to as "she" and uses the feminine definite artcle.

cool indeed-now if they would just call her "Mary of Nazareth The Saviors MOM and ours too"  for greater clarity - i will be fully with em!

thanks for your post!

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2009 - 10:31PM #6
belleo

In the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit . Amen

So I read a book once about the Holy Spirit described with breasts . Language is something else . Now what did that mean ? After reading it I thought yes the Holy Spirit is like a mother and offers consolation

I used to go to Mass most days when I was younger . I remember doing the sign of the cross with reverence . A spontaneous little picture came to mind. It was a picture of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit as a dove .

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 8:38AM #7
Peter_d_roman

Apr 12, 2009 -- 10:31PM, belleo wrote:

In the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit . Amen

So I read a book once about the Holy Spirit described with breasts . Language is something else . Now what did that mean ? After reading it I thought yes the Holy Spirit is like a mother and offers consolation

I used to go to Mass most days when I was younger . I remember doing the sign of the cross with reverence . A spontaneous little picture came to mind. It was a picture of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit as a dove .

thanks for your post- it given me an opportunity to add clarity to my view.

i do not deny the Sprite of God- but that Sprite is NOT apart from God.

just as The Son and The Father are ONE so is all that comes from The Father and The Son.

Our Mother on the other hand is a being on to herself and the one that ALLOWED by her consent to bear The Vehicular for Human Salvation from sin and death s end

She   cared  for Him - Gods Pure Lamb all His days and to watched as  His Good Filled Life ended as it did- on a cross after His Body was ripped to pieces- all because God asked Her to.

today babies can be made without any father or father figure- but there is no replacement for a mothers womb- a mother loving and faithful heart.

in faith She is Our Mother too!

so i say + In The Name of Our Father Yahweh, and Our Mother Mary from Nazareth, nd Our Savior Brother Yash'wa The Messiah from Nazareth- AMEN". + 

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 1:05PM #8
Future Catholic Priest

Apr 5, 2009 -- 10:20AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

"In The Name of Our Father, Our Mother, and Our Savior Brother."

amen.

>o

Well for one thing the sign of the cross is used by Catholic Christians, Orthodox Christians, Anglicans, and a few Lutherans and Methodists. I check your profile and you say you worship Jesus Christ but your faith is other---not exactly "Christian" Now I am a curious student but why change the wording of the Sign of the Cross? What's wrong with "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." We are just blessing ourselves in the Name of our Triune God: Father God, Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit (which is agiven) Why change it to "In The Name of Our Father, Our Mother, and Our Savior Brother."? The Christian denominations I wrote above use the sign of the cross to let other Christians know that we worship the same God and Trinity as them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 1:23PM #9
Future Catholic Priest

Apr 13, 2009 -- 8:38AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

just as The Son and The Father are ONE so is all that comes from The Father and The Son.

Our Mother on the other hand is a being on to herself and the one that ALLOWED by her consent to bear The Vehicular for Human Salvation from sin and death s end

She   cared  for Him - Gods Pure Lamb all His days and to watched as  His Good Filled Life ended as it did- on a cross after His Body was ripped to pieces- all because God asked Her to.

today babies can be made without any father or father figure- but there is no replacement for a mothers womb- a mother loving and faithful heart.

so i say + In The Name of Our Father Yahweh, and Our Mother Mary from Nazareth, nd Our Savior Brother Yash'wa The Messiah from Nazareth- AMEN". + 

>o

I just want you to know that the Trinity, our Triune God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This means that God is the Father, God is the Son, and God is the Holy Spirit. However the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, the Son is not the Holy Spirit, nor is the Holy Spirit the Father or the Son. As Christians we worship God ALONE! No one else which includes Christ's mother, Mary! Christians have never worshipped her and never will. We have always honored and venerated her as Mother of all not as  a part of God. God is three persons in one, not four in one!

To everyone who talks about the Holy Spirit, explain how the Holy Spirit is a woman or like one when the Father and the Son are both male so it's pretty much that God is male. now I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but I have never heard or read that the Holy Spirit as a female or has a feminist characteristic. I go what the Bible describes this part of God, no gender and caretaker of the human race.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 8:20PM #10
Peter_d_roman

Apr 13, 2009 -- 1:23PM, Future Catholic Priest wrote:

Apr 13, 2009 -- 8:38AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

>o

I just want you to know that the Trinity, our Triune God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This means that God is the Father, God is the Son, and God is the Holy Spirit. However the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, the Son is not the Holy Spirit, nor is the Holy Spirit the Father or the Son. As Christians we worship God ALONE! No one else which includes Christ's mother, Mary! Christians have never worshipped her and never will. We have always honored and venerated her as Mother of all not as  a part of God. God is three persons in one, not four in one!

To everyone who talks about the Holy Spirit, explain how the Holy Spirit is a woman or like one when the Father and the Son are both male so it's pretty much that God is male. now I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but I have never heard or read that the Holy Spirit as a female or has a feminist characteristic. I go what the Bible describes this part of God, no gender and caretaker of the human race.

tell me future priest- were did the doctrine of the trinity come from- who is the one that brought into being?

was it Our Savior Brother pre- resurrection ? no

was it The Resin Lord Yash'wa ? no

so were did it come from? 

>o

ps

why are you going to follow the prestly order of malkezodac when Our Savior Brother is The Best Leader of all?!?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook