Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
9 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2009 - 12:16PM #21
Kerygma

I highly recommend this Orthodox forum (which has members from other Christian churches as well as Orthodox):  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2009 - 12:27PM #22
Seraphim

I have an account there too, but I lurk more than post. It's a good place to gather backgound quickly on emerging issues that are ticking some people off...which also means what begins as reasonable info and analysis can at times slip into gossip and flaming...still it is a good site...some portions of it though I would not recommend to new Orthodox or those still on the search.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2009 - 7:03PM #23
Campbellite

Apr 1, 2009 -- 12:08PM, Seraphim wrote:

I signed up on Ship of Fools a few days ago based on your recommendation. Your avatar is significantly different there. There is a lot to keep up with on those boards, and I must admit the level of apparent educaton and well-readness on SoF is a shade intimidating...of course the British have always sounded well educated to me.

About the avatar there, I recently changed it from Groucho to a picture of Alexander Campbell (one of the early leaders of our movement, thus I am a "Campbellite".) It can seem intimidating at first, I will admit. Especially Purgatory. I don't go there any more than I have to.

As for the education level, there is a non-insignificant number of Masters and PhD's on board. (There is one thread dedicated solely to people working on their theses.)

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook