Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View moving the vatican into Nazareth/ Jerusalem will go a long way to making its past sin past indeed.
9 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 7:16PM #11
jane2

Peter_d

it blocks and weakens the limited potential we humans have regarding Love- and Love is really what maters most to Our Brother/ Our Father/ Our Mother Mary- The True Trinity- all One.

Last time I checked the Holy Trinity is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You can, of course, create a trinity of your own dimension.

And your own theology--Mary is not devine.

The Vatican isn't going to move. Vatican City is a State. I wouldn't mind if we went back to John XXIII's idea of opening the windows and letting the world in: I would champion this.

I'm not waiting for the Rapture, either.

By the way, Peter, I'm 69 years old, well-educated in Catholic college in theology, philosophy and Church/European history.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2009 - 2:35AM #12
Peter_d_roman

Mar 27, 2009 -- 7:16PM, jane2 wrote:

Peter_d

it blocks and weakens the limited potential we humans have regarding Love- and Love is really what maters most to Our Brother/ Our Father/ Our Mother Mary- The True Trinity- all One.

The Vatican isn't going to move. Vatican City is a State. I wouldn't mind if we went back to John XXIII's idea of opening the windows and letting the world in: I would champion this.

By the way, Peter, I'm 69 years old, well-educated in Catholic college in theology, philosophy and Church/European history.

we shall see laddy- we shall see.

peace and good and tons o'love

>o

ps - if it were YOUR CHURCH would u move the vatican to isreal and begin the work of re-unifacation amonst all the christain communites or not?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2009 - 8:53PM #13
jane2

Mar 28, 2009 -- 2:35AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

Peter_d

>o

ps - if it were YOUR CHURCH would u move the vatican to isreal and begin the work of re-unifacation amonst all the christain communites or not?

I would not. Just what we need, another seat of dissention in the Near East.

For thirty years I have lived in the Southeastern US and what I have seen here might well work in the bigger scene--we usually seek what unites us in different denominations rather than what divides us: Southern Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Prebyterians, evans, etc.: we even have community days of prayer. What we do notice here is how we live a Christian life. I also respect my Jewish, Buddhist and Islamic neighbors. I will never be Buddhist, but I lived in Buddhist Thailand for 2 years and respect their faith: so did Thomas Merton, a great favorite of mine.

For my own Catholic faith I would look more to de-centralization with the bishops, clergy and laity world wide in better connection.

I'm not a laddy--I'm a widow of 7 years after a marriage of 40 years. I miss my husband. We had 3 children and I have 5 grandchildren: 2 Methodist and 3 Catholic.

You seem to mean well but I am not on your page.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 12:23AM #14
Peter_d_roman

Mar 29, 2009 -- 8:53PM, jane2 wrote:

Mar 28, 2009 -- 2:35AM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

Peter_d

>o

I would not. Just what we need, another seat of dissention in the Near East.

For thirty years I have lived in the Southeastern US and what I have seen here might well work in the bigger scene--we usually seek what unites us in different denominations rather than what divides us: Southern Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Prebyterians, evans, etc.: we even have community days of prayer. What we do notice here is how we live a Christian life. I also respect my Jewish, Buddhist and Islamic neighbors. I will never be Buddhist, but I lived in Buddhist Thailand for 2 years and respect their faith: so did Thomas Merton, a great favorite of mine.

For my own Catholic faith I would look more to de-centralization with the bishops, clergy and laity world wide in better connection.

I'm not a laddy--I'm a widow of 7 years after a marriage of 40 years. I miss my husband. We had 3 children and I have 5 grandchildren: 2 Methodist and 3 Catholic.

You seem to mean well but I am not on your page.

well thanks for your reply and honest view.

peace and good and tons o'love be to you and yours

>o

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2010 - 6:08PM #15
river8101

Mar 26, 2009 -- 10:14PM, Wmdkitty wrote:

I'd like to see the Vatican utterly destroyed, and the oodles of wealth hoarded there distributed to those who, you know, NEED the money.

The RCC is responsible for most of the mass slaughters of the past 2000 years, most notably the Inquisition, the Crusades, various witch-hunts (because they hate when women are free), the annihilation of traditional medicines and indigenous religions, and the AIDS crisis in Africa.

I completely agree.  The Romans already destroyed Jerusalem in the first century and the Roman Catholic Church destroyed Jerusalem and the Jews in the Crusades. In fact they've been killing Jews for centuries.  Now you think Jerusalem is just yours for the taking again.  I wouldn't try it unless you're looking for a 3rd World War, because everybody's going to get in that one.  Jews, Christians and Muslims. If you take Jerusalem away from us again, you'll pay the price along with us. If your Church wants to destroy the Jewish people again and take their land because of some mythical bible story, your looking at another Holocaust . You people talk of peace and love for yourselves, but what you really want is is the world. 

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2010 - 8:26AM #16
LeahOne

I agree with Jane: Peter may be well-intentioned, but he's also acting as though nobody ese's reality counts at all.

We didn't say "Next Year in Jerusalem" at our Seders earlier this week because we were hoping for a new crew of Crusaders to descend upon us........

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2010 - 3:59AM #17
Bezant

I trust everyone concluded no, the Vatican is not FedExing to Jerusalem now, if ever. And so what if it did? There's dozens of churches and Christian pilgramage sites already in the Old City.

I'd like to see the Vatican utterly destroyed, and the oodles of wealth hoarded there distributed to those who, you know, NEED the money.

The RCC is responsible for most of the mass slaughters of the past 2000 years, most notably the Inquisition, the Crusades, various witch-hunts (because they hate when women are free), the annihilation of traditional medicines and indigenous religions, and the AIDS crisis in Africa.

Whatever floats your boat.

"The oodles of wealth hoarded there..." If you have a problem with the Vatican's "oodles of wealth" you must be furious with the excess and (I'll go as far to say gluttony) of the E.U. and the U.S. The Vatican is a state, and compared to the E.U. and the U.S.'s GDPs, the Vatican's is trifles. Even Tuvalu's GDP is higher, and that island's nearly as small. (Who has heard of Tuvalu?)

"The RCC is responsible for most of the mass slaughters of the past 2,000 years..." Really? What's "most"?

"The annihilation of tradtional medicines" -- What's "traditional" medicine, and what specific event of annihilation thereof went on here?

"...the witch hunts (because they hate when women are free)" -- Assuming you mean "they" to be the Catholic Church, you failed to prove this claim.

I completely agree.  The Romans already destroyed Jerusalem in the first century and the Roman Catholic Church destroyed Jerusalem and the Jews in the Crusades. In fact they've been killing Jews for centuries.  Now you think Jerusalem is just yours for the taking again.  I wouldn't try it unless you're looking for a 3rd World War, because everybody's going to get in that one.  Jews, Christians and Muslims. If you take Jerusalem away from us again, you'll pay the price along with us. If your Church wants to destroy the Jewish people again and take their land because of some mythical bible story, your looking at another Holocaust . You people talk of peace and love for yourselves, but what you really want is is the world. 

No. The Catholic Church's bad legacies and scandals aside, you can't deduce in reaction to this member's comments, that the Church is planning to "take" Jerusalem with some future motive for world (domination?) and genocide unless you are deducing illogically. A state it may be, but just as the Vatican's has hardly a GDP to speak of, so its the Pontiff's political leverage for taking the world and carrying out full-blown persecutions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook