Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Secular law is better than Religious law.
9 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 10:21AM #1
Greatest I am

Secular law is better than Religious law.

Laws like all other things evolves.

We now have the laws of differing religions to compare with laws of secular governments.

After doing a scan of these various systems of laws, I have concluded that secular laws seems to be more moral than religious law.

Most religions seem to be religions of exclusion instead of inclusion. Us against them. Turn or burn type of religions.

Most secular laws seems to be more universal and try to include more of it's population while justifying or allowing some level of freedom for it's people.

This being the case, Secularism will eventually win the hearts and minds of more of the population and will eventually become the religion of choice, if I may use that term, for the whole world.

Am I right in this or would someone like to show where religious law is superior to secular law?

A good starting point might be to speak to the issues of Gays, the equality of woman and the treatment of slaves.

Regards

DL

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook