Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Homophobia and women haters
9 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2009 - 1:31AM #1
kurnell

I read recently that there is a psychological relationship between homophobia and devaluing of women. Homophobic men react against a man taking a 'supposed' female role in sexual intercourse. The article stated that along with anti homosexual views would also be ideas of female subordination.

I thought this interesting. Here in the Sydney, the AC is both anti gay and anti female as well. And if you think about it, most of the African and Southern Cone voices are both anti gay and female.  

Pax

Jeffrey

Treasure your experience of God,however it comes to you.Remember that Christianity is not a notion but a way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2009 - 1:48AM #2
blueberryangel

hi, I just came here from the front page, not Christian and not here to talk religion of any kind or to disrespect....I don't know how you got on the front page so quickly, hot topic I guess, anyway...I wanted to say that my opinion on this is based on absolutely no scientific research but only my own observations in life which may or may not be accurate but I have to say this idea doesn't surprise me AT ALL.  That's all I really have to say about that. I have no idea why psychologically this may or may not be so, well maybe I have my ideas but I'm too tired to go into it right now, and not really qualified to get a clear point across even though my own ideas may make sense when they are still in my head...but, like I said, no, this does not surprise me at all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2009 - 4:00PM #3
RJMcElwain

Mar 9, 2009 -- 1:31AM, kurnell wrote:

I read recently that there is a psychological relationship between homophobia and devaluing of women. Homophobic men react against a man taking a 'supposed' female role in sexual intercourse. The article stated that along with anti homosexual views would also be ideas of female subordination.

I thought this interesting. Here in the Sydney, the AC is both anti gay and anti female as well. And if you think about it, most of the African and Southern Cone voices are both anti gay and female.  

Pax

Jeffrey

I suspect you're right. If you could post the location of the article you read, I think others would like to read it.

I think it's clear that there are women haters around, and I imagine a lot of them fear women as much as they hate them. And, over the years, many of our leaders have offered some really stupid advice to women about how to act when confronted by some of these low-lifes. Such as "don't resist a rapist". These are the people that believe rape is about sex. It's about violence against women.

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 6:04PM #4
Willibrord

The Sydney AC is causing trouble anyway, I wonder if they are still Anglicans. They are much closer to evangelical fundamentalists.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 12:50PM #5
BBarton

There is a world view that excludes what is deemed to be feminine as weak.  It is an attitude which rails against Wisdom, but promotes hubris and bravado.  Such an attitude even sees *God as male, instruction comes in male terms and the truest word for Chirstlike love, "nurture" comes last to manmade rules and requirements.  Phobia?  Yes of Womanity!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook