Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Planning a funeral - need bible passages suggestions?
9 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2009 - 11:21PM #1
CountryMama27
My aunt passed away and I'm planning her funeral.  She was 92 with advanced alzheimer's, but passed away quite suddenly.  She's an old-time protestant, but I'm looking for comforting passages about the strength that faith brings to us throughout life.  She was an extremely strong, independent woman who sometimes chafed those around her but was also kind, sweet, and a gentlewoman.  And exceptionally brilliant.   

Ideas?  Thanks so much --
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 7:39PM #2
Shaner

CountryMama27 wrote:

My aunt passed away and I'm planning her funeral. She was 92 with advanced alzheimer's, but passed away quite suddenly. She's an old-time protestant, but I'm looking for comforting passages about the strength that faith brings to us throughout life. She was an extremely strong, independent woman who sometimes chafed those around her but was also kind, sweet, and a gentlewoman. And exceptionally brilliant.

Ideas? Thanks so much --

Very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and the family.

Here are some that I came across,

[LIST]
[*]Job 19:25-27
[*]Psalm 23
[*]Psalm 121
[*]Isaiah 40
[*]Isaiah 61:1-3
[*]John 14:1-7
[*]Romans 8:18-39
[*]1 Corinthians 15:51-58
[*]2 Corinthians 1:1-7
[*]Revelation 22:1-6[/LIST]Hope they help,

Peace
Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 7:39PM #3
Shaner

CountryMama27 wrote:

My aunt passed away and I'm planning her funeral. She was 92 with advanced alzheimer's, but passed away quite suddenly. She's an old-time protestant, but I'm looking for comforting passages about the strength that faith brings to us throughout life. She was an extremely strong, independent woman who sometimes chafed those around her but was also kind, sweet, and a gentlewoman. And exceptionally brilliant.

Ideas? Thanks so much --

Very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and the family.

Here are some that I came across,

[LIST]
[*]Job 19:25-27
[*]Psalm 23
[*]Psalm 121
[*]Isaiah 40
[*]Isaiah 61:1-3
[*]John 14:1-7
[*]Romans 8:18-39
[*]1 Corinthians 15:51-58
[*]2 Corinthians 1:1-7
[*]Revelation 22:1-6[/LIST]Hope they help,

Peace
Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 5:28PM #4
friendofsaints&angels
Hey CountryMama27, I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt. It sounds like she lived a pretty good long life & was able to touch the hearts of those around her. I know that its probably a little late to give  ideas of passages from Sacred Scripture, but I wanted to share one with you, that you can meditate on when you think about your Aunt & her strong faith conviction. I will also pray for her & you and your family as well, God bless. the passage is as follows.

Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:1

www.scripturecatholic.com
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook