Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Joining a new church.
9 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 4:34PM #1
Prajna
I fyou are wanting to become a "member" you will have to take a few classes that are about the Episcopal Church.  I remember my classes lasted two months and it was on a Sunday after Church. 

I'm assuming that the Church is part of the Episcopal Church.  If so, you aren't really even required to officially "join."  The Episcopal Church is rather open and inclusive.  Just by attending the Church you can call yourself an Episcopalian.  I'm sure if you fill out their parish directory form you will be considered a member. 

May the Blessed Mother always guide you and protect you on your path.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 4:38PM #2
calebevans218
Stephanie,

Welcome to the board! I grew up as a Reformed Baptist myself, so we share a somewhat similar background. For clarification, what body is the church you're considering a part of? If you're interested in a conservative Anglican and/or Common Cause parish, I'm sure that I could give you plenty of feedback. Just let me know.

In Christ,
Caleb
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 9:45AM #3
Prajna
Is the Church the under the Anglican Mission in North America or is it under Traditional Anglican Communion?  If it is the latter you might find yourself under the Bishop of Rome. 

Lol, wouldn't that be funny to switch to an Anglican Church only for it to be received in the Catholic Church.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 11:41AM #4
rangerken
I have always enjoyed the ritual, color, and history of the 'high church'. I also really love the music! Go with what works best for your soul, Sunny... what feels best for you. God isn't picky about the external. He's interested in actions. So you might as well join a parish that you enjoy being a part of and keep on living the way you believe Jesus wants you to live... which will be fine with God no matter what specific church you attend.... in my opinion of course :)

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2009 - 1:14PM #5
cassidy1
Hi Steph the important thing to find out is weather or not the Church you are planning to join is a Bible believing Church or not. If not it is nothing more than a social club and any one would do. We have plenty of Episcipal country clubs here in the states, finding a consertive Anglican church is a little more difficult. Here in Phoenix with a population of over 3 million there are 3 conservitive Anglican Churches with a total combined membership of maybe 600. The path is narrow.   Mark
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 11:14AM #6
JoanTreese
I agree with Ken's assessment.   

However, I must respectfully take exception to Mark's post. I have yet to attend or be a member of any Episcopal Church that isn't "Bible believing."  The parish may not interpret the Holy Scriptures to Mark's point of view, but that does not mean that TEC has thrown out the Bible!
Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 12:53PM #7
Prajna
Mark,

I believe any Church that reads from the Bible is a "Bible believing Church."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:04PM #8
Jupiter6208

Prajna wrote:

Mark,

I believe any Church that reads from the Bible is a "Bible believing Church."

I have to agree with you there

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:21PM #9
Dutch777
Isn't there a difference between read and believe?:)
The Path
To Moon
lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own
DharmaPath
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 5:44PM #10
Jupiter6208

dutch777 wrote:

Isn't there a difference between read and believe?:)

Yes you have a point there Dutch.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook