Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Joining a new church.
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:21PM #11
Dutch777
Isn't there a difference between read and believe?:)
The Path
To Moon
lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own
DharmaPath
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 5:44PM #12
Jupiter6208

dutch777 wrote:

Yes you have a point there Dutch.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 9:27PM #13
Theophilus XX

cassidy1 wrote:

Hi Steph the important thing to find out is weather or not the Church you are planning to join is a Bible believing Church or not. If not it is nothing more than a social club and any one would do. We have plenty of Episcipal country clubs here in the states, finding a consertive Anglican church is a little more difficult. Here in Phoenix with a population of over 3 million there are 3 conservitive Anglican Churches with a total combined membership of maybe 600. The path is narrow.   Mark

"Bible believing" is a loaded term that can mean anything and at the same time absolutely nothing.  I consider myself to be a Bible believer.  Bishop Spong also considers himself to be a Bible believer.  Governor Sarah Palin considers herself to be a Bible believer.  However, if you put the three of us in a room to discuss Creation and the Resurrection of Christ you would rapidly discover that while we believe in what the Bible says, we don't agree as to what exactly it is saying.   Bishop Spong and I would disagree with Governor Palin about talking snakes in the Garden and that the Genesis account is metaphor to teach that God created all things.  However Sarah and I would gang up on Bishop Spong about Jesus literally rising from the dead in a glorified material body.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 9:54AM #14
Prajna

dutch777 wrote:

So, to read and believe, that is the question?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 10:23AM #15
Dutch777
Praj:
You can do  one or the other; both or neither.
Hey !  This is freedom-loving USofA.
:)
The Path
To Moon
lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own
DharmaPath
And Be
Mindful