Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What are some of your favorite quotes from Saints, early church fathers, Popes etc.
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 9:58AM #41
friendofsaints&angels
Hey rjak134, I finally got around to that C.K. Chesterton website. thank you very much for posting that. It didn't take me long to find a couple of quotes from there that I like very much. I had a pretty good laugh reading some of those and I would also reccomend that website to anyone. here are two quotes from him, that kind of jumped off the computer screen at me.

"Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, wich is an elegant name for ignorance."

"I believe what really happens in history is this: the old man is always wrong; and the young people are always wrong about what is wrong with him. The practical form it takes is this: that, while the old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid."

C.K. Chesterton
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2008 - 3:33PM #42
friendofsaints&angels
Blessed Mother Teresa was asked by someone, how can I bring peace to the world? She replied, "Go home and love your family."

After serving in Loreto, She had a mystical experience. she said "It was a calling from Jesus Christ to go into the streets of Calcutta and work with the poorest of the poor."

Blessed Mother Teresa brought the love of Christ to millions upon millions of  people throughout this world and hopefully sometime soon, she will be made a Saint of the Catholic church. in my eyes, she already is.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2008 - 7:34PM #43
friendofsaints&angels
"I look to all of you, brothers and sisters of every state of life, to you, Christian families, to you, the sick and elderly, and to you, young people: confidently take up the Rosary once again. Rediscover the Rosary in the light of Scripture, in harmony with the Liturgy, and in the context of your daily lives."

-from the Apostolic Letter on the Rosary by John Paul II
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 1:58PM #44
friendofsaints&angels
There is most definately, something about Mary.

Saint Bonaventure said about the most Holy name of the Blessed Mother,

"It cannot be pronounced without bringing some grace to him who does so devoutly."

Saint Germanus also had this prayer of a thought too add about Mary.

"May the last movement of my tounge be to pronounce the name of the Mother of God."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 2:50PM #45
friendofsaints&angels
"Jesus has no need of books or doctors to instruct souls. He who is himself the Doctor of Doctors teaches without the noise of words. Never have I heard him speak, but I feel he is within me at each moment; he is guiding and inspiring me with what I must say and do."

Saint Therese of Lisieux
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2008 - 8:02PM #46
friendofsaints&angels
This is more of short story, than a quote. it comes from a booklet distributed by the Catholic Church called, My Daily Visitor, Readings and Reflections for Every Day. this booklet gives short stories from Saints lives, quotes from Sacred Scripture and other things, and gives a different short prayer, that you can read and meditate on every day. the author is unknown. this short thought of a story comes from Tuesday of this week, Sept 16th. this is entitled- IMITATING CHRIST'S HEART.

I heard it told that Mother Teresa was once walking with a group along a New York City street when, suddenly, her companions noticed her missing. Turning around, they saw her crouched beside a drunk man, soothing him with loving words. Her companions were deeply moved because such people were so commonplace that they hadn't even noticed him. But Mother overlooked no one. Mother Teresa wanted Jesus to shine through her, and in this story, I see the Jesus of today's Gospel. In the midst of two large crowds, Jesus sees one grieving widow, and immediately is "moved with pity for her." He steps forward to ease her loneliness. Just as Mother Teresa did for the man in the street. Just as He wants me to do for the people along my path.

PRAYER

Precious Savior, may I notice and attend to every person who needs Your light.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2008 - 7:39PM #47
friendofsaints&angels
"In sanctuary, we return to Bethlehem to adore the Prince of Peace. There, He offers us the gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrh. He makes us priests, prophets, and kings. He clothes us in dignity, grace, and nobility. He receives our sacrifices. He sends us to be lone voices in the desert calling for the repentance of sin and the conversion of hearts.

In sanctuary, we follow Jesus, Mary, and Joseph to Egypt. There we find refuge from the world's Herods who seek to destroy us - refuge from the assault of evil - refuge from the lion that endlessly prowls, ready to devour its prey.

In sanctuary, Our Lady calls us to Cana and Capernaum. There we listen to Jesus, and we do whatever He tells us to do. There we witness His power to give sight to our blindness and to set us free from what holds us captive. There we are delivered from the dungeon of darkness and set free from the oppression of the devil."

Fr Anthony Bus'

www.aMothersPlea.org
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2008 - 5:23PM #48
friendofsaints&angels
"In the evening, when I was in my cell, I became aware of the Lord Jesus clothed in a white garment. One hand was raised in blessing, the other was touching the garment at the breast. From the opening in the garment at the breast there came forth two large rays, one red, and the other pale. In silence I gazed intently at the Lord; my soul was overwhelmed with fear, but also with great joy. After a while Jesus said to me: "Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the inscription: Jesus I trust in You!"

Blessed Saint Faustina
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 4:48PM #49
friendofsaints&angels
"When has satan ever told the truth for the good of a soul?"

Blessed Saint Padre Pio
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2008 - 6:04PM #50
friendofsaints&angels
Yesterday was Tuesday - September - 23 - 2008
The Catholic Church honored Blessed Saint Padre Pio, on the Liturgical calender of the Catholic Church. I found this quote  by Padre Pio today, and I fugured that it was better late than never to share this with you all.

"Let the world turn upside down, let everything be in darkness, in smoke, in confusion, but God is with us; what can we fear? Remember that only one thing is necessary: to be close to Jesus."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook