Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why Are So Many Noncatholics Bothered By The Pope?
7 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2008 - 9:23PM #31
cswalters
When I talk to non-catholics for me the reason they do not like papal authority is because they don't understand what it means to have the pope chosen by God, nor do the fully understand why the Pope is considered "infallible". I would suggest reading a book like Papacy for dummies or something on those lines, also catholic.com and ewtn.com have a question and answer thing, which you might find information to argue with non-catholics about this subject.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 12:45PM #32
maineman882
I personally am a member of a Southern Baptist church, and while I can't speak for everyone else of my faith, I can say that the Pope doesn't really bother me all that much.  I don't agree sometimes with some of the things he says, and I don't consider him to be infallible, but he also certainly doesn't bother me when he teaches the theology of the Roman Catholic Church.  That's his right and the right of the Church to do so!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 5:42PM #33
Jude the verbose
Pray for Father Corapi.  He is ill and has asked for us to pray the Memorare for him each day.  (The last I heard, his illness has not been diagnosed.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 6:47PM #34
gaeletarian
As a conservative Episcopalian I have much respect for the Pope and his teachings and listen and ponder his teachings seriously,i,m usually in agreement with his moral pronouncements,i,d even go so far as to call him first among equals, but not infallible or the vicar of Christ on earth.  In unity, Gael
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 6:53PM #35
gaeletarian
I hope Father Corapi is ok,love that man! he reminds me of my father and his marine buddies (a soldier for christ) MAY THE FATHER,SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT ENCIRCLE FATHER CORAPI,AND KEEP OUT ALL HARM AND SEAL IN ALL THAT IS GOOD,IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY, AMEN.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 2:27PM #36
Smurfette2002
Funny, when I looked up justforCatholics.com, the site was for sale. What bothers me the most is that some (not all) non-Catholc rely on information from other, possibly misinformed non-Catholics but will deny any information given by a well-informed Catholic. I just don't understand that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 2:31PM #37
Smurfette2002

Candlemass wrote:

I am trying to come to terms w/that teaching, being in Protestant land for years makes it hard to accept, though I will always consider my brothers and sisters in Protestant land just that, my brothers and sisters in Christ!

Very Christian of you, Candle. Bravo to your welcoming spirit!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 4:16PM #38
MatthewM13134

friendofsaints&angels wrote:

No mincing words indeed. His words hit me like a 2by4 between the eyes. P.S. I quit going on the catholic debate board. Way to much catholic hate on there for me. I love my faith and sometimes feel a need to defend it, But when you state a point on there most of the time you just get back hatred, and ignorrance. You can't bring people back to the catholic faith kicking and screaming, all you can do is pray for them. GOD is power absolute, and Prayer is absolute power. with Prayer you have everything, and without Prayer you have absolutely nothing.

I have gone onto the Christian debate board & was astounded by the Catholic hate...
It also seemed like there were more non-christians posting on those threads then Christians.

It feels nice to be reading posts placed by people I hold similar beliefs or are experience what I am  as a Catholic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 4:23PM #39
MatthewM13134

dawngordon wrote:

because the pope has false idols in Gods temple for one, and he tore apart the laws the sins,

Jesus said until heaven and earth pass those laws were to be followed,

the Pope likes to think he God,

Your an idi-t.
I don't care if I get reported.
This is a Catholic thread.

I'm Irish & Catholic & Irish aren't so polite as the other Catholics who have been kind enough to put up with your BS.  Your posts are offensive & obnoxious.
Way to pick & chose one phrase from the Bible you te-d for bra-ns.
We have to deal enough with idi-ts like you in the general forums.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 10:28PM #40
firstbase
friendofsaints&angels:

Good observations!

Not only majesterily, but inspirationally from the Holy Spirit. The Pope is allowed to have a personal opinion, but when it comes to doing the Boss's work to send messages to us, he does so out of inspiration in decrees and bulls.

The Pope, and more directly the Catholic church is a threat. It is also not an easy religion to follow. It requires an obligation and imposes sacrifices and demands conformity on it's subjects. Conformity in a democratic era in the midst of man made institutions under his control is not well received. The error is there becomes the tendency in this case to mirror all institutions in this fashion.

There are other religions that provide what the Catholic church will not offer. These churches claim to have God's sanction but they don't because they serve to delay the Church's calling. They provide entertainment value for those who are easily bored, there are hate and war theme religions that cater to those with a chip on their shoulders (Satan loves these.)There are those who need a charismatic leader and are drawn to cults with disatasterous results. Our Church looks on sadly because it has the answer.

The Pope brings on a something of peace in people in his immediate vicinity they can't explain. Muslems roll out the carpet and he kisses the Koran, as a  true heaven sent Ambassador would. Why shouldn't he inspire awe?  Every Pope receives the initiating bestowage as did Peter, and we are graced to have a deciple of Christ in our midst who has with him the Holy Spirit. Every God given conscience without control of it's owner comes alive and is sparked to excitement in his presence regardless of religious affiliation.

It is a message that tells his host, "See, he is the way",
just has John the baptist instructed his followers to follow Jesus. 

FirstBase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook