Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View True Bible Salvation
9 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 12:57AM #1
Theo

For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

Who is the Savior of all men? Answer: the Living God.

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Who is the Living God, our Savior? Answer: Jesus Christ is our great God, the Living God and the Savior of all men.

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. And the reason for this is because Jesus purchased alone our salvation by His shed and death on the Cross. At that point on the Cross when He cried out – “it is finished,” it was finished, and He accomplished our redemption.

Now that we have been set free to believe the Gospel, we must believe in God. All you have to do to access the salvation of God is to believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ, and that God raised Him from the dead.

This decision to follow God is portrayed by our repentance and baptism. We are to repent of our sins and renounce the devil and all His ways, and we are to be baptized for the forgiveness of our sins, calling upon the name of the Lord. And when we do these things with faith toward God, He forgives us our sins and renews our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Those who believe in God and Christ in this manner are born again, born of the water and of the Spirit. The rebirth (being born again) is a two part thing, our part is to believe, repent and get baptized, God’s part is to renew us by the Holy Spirit.

The gift of the Holy Spirit is God’s promise to all who believe in His Son. All you have to do to receive the Holy Spirit is to believe God and ask Him to fill you with His Spirit. This is not something you have to guess at – you will know when you are filled with the Holy Spirit.

After theses things comes living the Christian life. Jesus died for us so that we can live for Him. Moreover, we died with Him on the Cross when we first believed, and thus we are dead to our old life and alive to God. Now we are to live and grow in God’s grace, abounding in the work of the Lord. We need to learn His commandments and how to live a life of godliness and prayer and worship. These things do not happen all at once, but as we grow in His grace, we are changed into His likeness.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2009 - 4:58AM #2
Keyfer

Thank you Brother Winter for starting this thread. It is very important. I pray that neither you nor anyone else will be offended by any opinion that I state.

I suspect that we often make salvation more complicated than it is. First of all, we were created for heaven. I know some believe that God created some for hell, the God I know could never do such a thing. Second, God (Jesus) is present with everyone and is constantly encouraging us to make the choice to shun evil and do good and empowers us to do so. A simple prayer to the Lord will secure salvation and begin the process of regeneration (being made fit for life in heaven). The thief on the cross simply asked the Lord to remember him when He came into His kingdom after he openly and honestly acknowledged his guilt.

All the lying, cheating, stealing, etc. has to go for a person to “fit in” in heaven. We should read the 10 commandments and start living them to the best of our ability.

I know that some believe that one must speak in tongues to be saved, others believe that you must be baptized in Jesus' name, others in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Some believe that all you must do is believe in Jesus and that repentance is not necessary. I truly believe that if anyone sincerely prays to the Lord to lead them safely home and does what they believe He teaches them in His Word, they will secure a home in heaven. Wouldn't it be tragic if that were not so. No one is going to hear anything like, “Oh, sorry, you were baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, not in the name of Jesus...I don't see your name here.” Does anyone really believe that God is going to exclude a person who prays to be saved and is willing to repent of evil?

I like the line from that old song, “Trust and obey for there is no other way.”

Someone is probably thinking that I should be quoting scripture so I will close by listing some appropriate verses.

John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

Micah 6:8 ”He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” 

I John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

God is searching for ways to include everyone, we are the ones who came up with the idea of trying to exclude others. The sinful nature, which we all struggle with, wants to exault self by controlling, suppressing and excluding others unnecessarily. He said that we must become as little children to enter his kingdom (Matthew 18:3), salvation needs to be simple if we are to become as children. He is not trying to confuse or trick us.

And that is my 2 cents worth. Good day and God bless you all. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook