Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Looking for a new church
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 6:00PM #11
older

I feel for you and your husband for we  went thru the same thing.  He began reading the book of Josephus the historian and I cannot read ordinary print so he reads it to me. He was quite surprised to learn that the  Christians fled  Jerusaem, and  also the nation of Israel  and went to safety in the mountains and neaerby nations. They did not  patriotically  stay and defend Jerusalem. Jesus announced at Math. ch. 28 that he had been given authority... what aughority? To be the fortold king as told in Ez. 21: 26  and then they bowed to him as king. So Jesus began a new nation as fortold that it would not be the same. He did not sit on a thrne  on earth... but he was king, and what did he do when he became king? He gave a command that his followers were to go to all the nations and teach them, and he said teach them all that I have taught you.... Well at JN  14: 28 Jesus taught his disciles that my Father is greater than I am.. Yet many churches teach that Jesus is equal to God. That is different than what Jesus taught.  So there is one measruement you can use.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 6:36PM #12
older

If you read the account of Jesus and his close followers they were accused of being  a cult. Of following the devil too. But they were not.  When Jesus  healed a man they said it was by means of  the devil.  And Jesus said it was by means of the finger of God, and  another disciple in tellling of this account  called  it  by means of God's spirit. So like a finger of God Jesus healed the man because he had been given power to do so.  That power was proof that  God was behind Jesus. So the power of holy spirit  showed Jesus was the son of God. It authorized him to do his work. Peter spoke to Christians saying  You are a new  nation( not the old nation of Israel) but a nation for a special puroise  to declare forth the excellencies of the one who called you OUT of darkness into his wonderful light.  " So the purpose of being a christian , a true christian is to declare  about that new nation.. You did not notice I am sure, but when the thousends were baptized it said "taken OUT of the nations."  So they were no longer  partiotic people from whatever nation they lived in or traveled to. They now were  members of that new nation, God's kingdom. And now  as Paul stated at  2 cor. 5: 20 they were ambassadors  seeking to reconcile people to God. Reconcile people to God?  The Jews in Israel considered themselves as belonging to God. But their leaders  were against  Jesus who was sent from God.. and why  is it necessary to be taken out of the nations???  Adam and Eve chose Satan  as the one to obey instead of  God, and  therefore the nations  made form all their descendants were also  Satans nation. Tnhere was only one nation formed by God  thru Moses  that had Gods laws and  promised to obey God. The nation of Israel  left  Gods laws, sadly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 6:43PM #13
older

Now you  can understand why  the baptized ones  were taken out of the nations and why Jesus said his followers were to be no part of the world  and why Paul said  We are ambassadors . An ambassador is not a citizen of the natio n  he is resideing. He does not vote. It is not his nation because Jesus is his king and  Jesus formed a new nation.  And that is also explained at Col 1; 13  " tramsferred out of the darkness and into the kingdom of the son of his love.... . That kingdom is Jehovahs kingdom, and Jesus was installed as king.Ps. ch. 2 , Jehovah laughs at the nations  who plott against his chosen oens , saying  I have installed my king. 

What I am telling  you  is that the true Christians  that are a separate nation that has Jesus as their king is  Jehovahs kingdom. And there you will find the proper  attitude  that you speak of.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 7:04PM #14
older

DAniel ch. 2 says of the last days.... All the nations will fall! So what nation will you be in ? Paul in Heb. ch. 12 says  Jehovah will shake all the nations and only one will stand.... And Paul also says "We are to receive the kingdom... yes  Jehovahs kingdom will  not fall.  So where do you want to be? In a nation that will fall or in a nation that will stand?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 7:50PM #15
older

The Baptists and others are a part of the world. They keep you in the nations that will fall.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook