Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
9 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2009 - 9:42AM #21
jesusonlygirl2
campbellite thank you sir, you seem to understand I applaud you!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2009 - 9:46AM #22
jesusonlygirl2

imsavedru wrote:

BRAVO Margal !!!  And this is my point of the discussion. Is a person who commits suicide accountable for their life? Some would say NOT. How can that be?

This means we will have to define what Mental Illness is.  Should we use the medical society's definition or a biblical definition? Since man is fallible and for the most part -the medical community are unbelievers,  I believe the only true definition would be a biblical one.  Now where do we find that!  We can look up MIND, ATTITUDE, TRUST, FAITH, all of these affect our emotional and physical stability.

If as Christians we are never truly WHOLE without Him, are we ever in our right minds or hearts when we reject or ignore him? He said He would never leave or forsake us, but we can walk away from Him. Are our minds sound at that point, or decieved.  If decieved, would that be considered a mental illness? Ha.  Around and around we go.

Some on this board are christians, others are not. We will get a mix of ideas and thoughts on this topic.

In a nutshell, this is what I believe. God created us. We are to live for Him.  We can choose to do that or not do that - for we are not puppets. If we reject him and our lives are difficult leading us to suicide are we accountable for that? YES.  If we are a Christian and we are not living FOR and THROUGH the Lord then our hearts and minds are apart from Him. If apart from Him, we are still accountable if we commit suicide because his Spirit is to live within us causing us to LIVE for Him not ourselves.

Whew!  Anyone else?????

Most people who commit suicide are mentally ill. Mental illness is a set of symptoms that classify one to be mentally ill. I have schizoaffective disorder. I hear voices, have delusions and go through severe depression. I personally have attempted suicide. I was in such a state of pain I truly believe if I had succeeded god would have had mercy on me. Untill you've been through the agonizing symptoms of believing that your own loved ones wish to poison you, and hearing voices telling you to kill yourself, you cannot understand what it means to be mentally ill. I personally know what that is like. Mental illness is a very real thing and is extremely painful

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2009 - 11:38PM #23
Campbellite

jesusonlygirl2 wrote:

Did you ever stop to think of what tremendous pain a person must feel in order to even consider committing suicide. And which of us, if hit by a car on the way home, would not die with some unforgiven sin in our lives?

"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

You have my prayers, Jesusonlygirl. May God help you find inner peace.

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook