Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2008 - 10:15PM #1
BeckaBlueyz
Hello !

I am not all that familiar with Christian Science but have read some things here and there.Recently I have been hit hard by both physical and mental/emotional problems.  I was very low and decided a different approach. I started saying to myself God loves me. God gives me life and light. I began ignoring  my physical ailments not giving them energy or letting them weigh on my mind.

already I feel a change. I am cureently trying to get a copy of science and health and look to learn more about christian science.

any other words of advice or reccomendations?
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2008 - 7:43PM #2
Healingisrevealing
hi

I think you should keep it up if it's working for you. I'm a longtime Christian Scientist and I can't imagine life without its teachings/ healing system.

Dean
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 3:49AM #3
Seeking_Truth_and_God
This is about the same way I became interested in Christian Science. The medical community failed and I had to fight my way back to life alone. I realized that the ability to heal (and many other things) is within me. I just had to reach out and grab what God offered. After that I started searching for others that had realized that the connection to God is real and that he is already there waiting for you to reach out. I learned quickly there are many others that have found the answer.
Keep working with what have already learned but do try to connect with a CS church, study group or find a Reading Room. It is a lot easier when you have reinforcements to help you along. Copies of Science and Health are easy to find. The reading rooms have them and many new and used book stores might have one in stock. Even Ebay has them if you don't like to shop. CS tries to make it easy for you to find the answers you seek.
Take care and let us know how things are going.
STAG
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2008 - 10:22PM #4
THSWarrior
[QUOTE=BeckaBlueyz;884724]Hello !

I am not all that familiar with Christian Science but have read some things here and there.Recently I have been hit hard by both physical and mental/emotional problems.  I was very low and decided a different approach. I started saying to myself God loves me. God gives me life and light. I began ignoring  my physical ailments not giving them energy or letting them weigh on my mind.

already I feel a change. I am cureently trying to get a copy of science and health and look to learn more about christian science.

any other words of advice or reccomendations?[/QUOTE]
Becky: You are on the Path and are moving in the right direction. We are what we know we are. MBE said it best: "There is no life, truth or intelligence in matter. All is  Infinite Mind and Its infinite manifestation, for God is All, in All."
Claim that Truth.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook