Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Power of Prayer
5 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2008 - 6:01AM #1
Mysty101

Dear Friends,

We are all called to bear wittness to our Faith in Jesus, and our belief in his love for us. We are told in scripture that we must not bury our light under a basket, but place it in a visable place for others to see. Our call to evangelization may not be to formally preach, but we can certainly tell of how we have been helped by God, and how our prayers were answered. Remember we do not always get what we ask, but our prayers are always answered, God will bless us when we ask. Please take a minute to tell how God has helped you through a difficult time, or granted a request, even for something which seems very insignificant. (Our pastor once told of how he prayed to find a parking space) Nothing is insignificant to God.

Love & Prayers,

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 11:42AM #2
rubypoet
I was at a difficult time in my life, but very, I just couldn't seem to find my way out of the "fog" shall we say. So I prayed to our Lord God, for patience and serenity.  I kept praying for this, remembering to say, "Let YOUR  WILL, not mine be done" and Lo and Behold, there I was one morning, in the backyard communing with my succulents, reading a book, and between 1 second and the next, I looked up and I knew that my prayer had been granted. It's stuck with me ever since, also! I guess I must have been asking for superficial things before, silly things, but this I really needed and this I received, by the Grace of our Lord Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Tucson, AZ as of Feb.2008
Good Luck and Happy Landings, Rebecca in Tucson, AZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 7:36AM #3
Mysty101
Praise & thank you Jesus.

What a beautiful witness.  Thanks for sharing.

Love & Prayers,

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 7:40AM #4
Mysty101

I have had so much help and healing over the years. I like to call these

KODAK MOMENTS IN MY SPIRITUAL LIFE

The day I received my First Holy Communion. I distinctly remember returning to the pew just filled with awe. I wanted to receive Communion every day for the rest of my life. And I was a daily communicant for a year or so. But I did get off-track for many years. I was a practicing Catholic, but the fervor was not there. The day I was robbed. The robber put a gun to my cheek and said he had to kill me. I distinctly remember looking out the basement window and wondering if I would ever actually be outside again. I looked for Jesus and He was there. The Holy Saturday Jesus took the resentment from my heart. I was taking a shower and this wonderful peace was given to me. The burden of resentment against someone, which had been there for years, was just lifted from my heart. The day I drove myself to the hospital for emergency gall bladder surgery. I thought I was dying—the pain was so severe. I will never forget that drive. I needed Jesus to help me get to the hospital and He did. The day I was sitting in a doctor’s crowded waiting room and all of a sudden I became very peaceful and Jesus said to me, “Be still and know that I love you.” This was like a gentle lightening bolt. I had always intellectually known that Jesus loves me, but at that moment I really began to feel it. When I think of being blessed, of course I thank God for the human things He has given me, but I know my real blessings are a great love of the Eucharist, awareness of His Love and a joyful Spirit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 7:42AM #5
Mysty101

Be still and know that I love you.

In the gentle breeze that kisses your cheek,
In the beautiful flowers that cheer your soul,
In the crises of your life
And in small problems,
I am with you.

You may feel it is coincidence or good fortune,
But I tell you, It is I Who walks beside you.

The encouraging word,
The uplifting smile,
The hug you needed when you were brought so low;
It was I Who loved you and helped you.

Know that it is I Who works through all things for you,
And know that you must allow Me to work through you for others.

It is I who gives you gifts according to your needs and abilities.

Be open to Me and I will show you your path.
It is not for you to choose your gifts, It is I who decides.
Be open to me and receive.
I know your needs and abilities and I will bless you.

I love you
I will take care of you
Trust Me.
Trust Me and receive.

Receive My Love;
Receive My Peace;
Receive My Hope;
Receive My Joy.

I give you tears and laughter to cleanse you of all that harms you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 11:44AM #6
rubypoet
Once, in a VERY difficult time of my life, when my guy and I were separated for the first time, for some 3-4 months, and I had no where to life, except with strangers, no friends would take me in? I began praying to our Lord for patience and serenity.  I prayed this daily, always remembering to add, Let THY WILL BE DONE, not mine. One day, about a month into this particular prayer, I was in the backyard, sitting on a bench, reading, talking with my cat and checking out my succulents, in short, I was actually very still and suddenly I looked up, as though someone had called my name! I knew right then that my prayer had been granted and those gifts have been with me ever since, praise the Lord! I can't begin to express what a revelation this was for me, it came over me like a warm blanket, or the friend you're most longing to see, suddenly sitting next to you. It was that resonant!  I mean I KNEW, without a shadow of doubt, that I'd been given the gifts I had so pleadingly asked for. Now, to the best of my knowledge, this was the first time I ever had a prayer answered directly that way. I reckon it's because of two things. One - I'd asked for frivolous stuff, you know stupid, silly, of the moment nonsense and TWO: I'd NEVER said the words Let YOUR WILL< NOT MINE BE DONE! I can tell you, they're in each and every  prayer I say now and since. After all, that's the way of it for sure and certain anyway, yes? As Misty's beautiful prayer above, states, so Jesus the LORD does say: I will direct your path, if you'll but let me. How many of us LET HIM??? Or do we go around thinking we can solve our own problems, this used to be me "No big deal, I can handle it!" Until the day came I realized I was so very wrong, I wasn't handling anything well at all I guess that's another time the Lord touched me, back in the 1970's, after my hysterectomy at age 24, I wasn't on the right Hormone Replacement Therapy, I nearly went out of my mind, I was climbing the walls, hot flashes, cold chills, like a nightmare menapause, only at 24! I was walking to Dr appt. with one side of brain saying throw yourself into oncoming traffic, no one will care, while the other half was franticly trying to think of the people who loved me, It was the longest two blocks, I've ever walked, I kid you not! So that day, when my DR asked how ya doing? I didn't say fine, I told him everything. He went out and came right back with a new hormone pill and a glass of water and had me take it right then! Within 20 minutes, I was OK again., That was surely God's doing, because I normally would've covered up, made like everything was ok, Not this time, and to make a bad joke, I learned that day, better living through chemistry! But for me it was a life and death situation, quite seriously!   I have more, but I'll tel them later, I'm long winded enough as is! God Bless All of You, and until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the palm of his Hand. (old Irish Blessing/partial)
Good Luck and Happy Landings, Rebecca in Tucson, AZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 3:31PM #7
Mysty101
Hi again Rebecca,

Thanks so much for sharing.  Isn't it a mixed bag?  Such relief to share, but difficult to relive.  I've been through much counseling, and go through all the stages many times, and back and forth.  I am often exhausted, and pray that some day it will be over.

I realize I can never go back, and be the person I was before the robbery.  Sometimes it is OK, and other times it is not.

Another healing began the day I laughed about the whole situation.  I was watching "the Bodyguard", and desensitizing was discussed.  If you have a phobia, you can keep exposing yourself, and maybe someday it won't be fearful.

I said,  "Gee, maybe if I get robbed often enough, I will stop having panic attacks."

Love & Prayers,

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 10:33AM #8
Mysty101

Dear Friends,

Here's some wonderful news from Charlotte (we prayed for her this week) 

"Thank you so much for posting my prayer request. Almighty God is so good. After a second CAT scan and conference of the surg. team of drs. they have come to the decision that the free air (they saw no fluid on the second scan) in my abd. was no more than what can be expected from open abd. surgery.  There was no sign of perforation anywhere.  I want to thank all who prayed for me.                 Charlotte"

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook