Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Training for Ordination
9 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 2:15PM #1
alanps
I am seriously thinking about training for ordination. Would love to get some advice here if possible (I am talking to my Vicar and congregation etc as well!).

I am somewhat conservative in worship - but not rabidly so - consider myself pretty middle of the road really, though with a tendency for Anglo-Catholic/High Church.

2 big questions: 

1:  Where in the US would be the best place to study ?

2:  I am originally from the UK - anyone know the process if I were to be ordained/study here in the US, and then move back to work/be ordained in the UK?

Many thanks in advance
Alan
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 9:09PM #2
JoanTreese
Alan~~

My best advice for you is to follow your Vicar's advice and the guidelines for ordination and the entire process as established by your Diocese.  There are of course, Canon Laws to follow. But each Diocese "tweeks" the process according to their needs. Has your discernment committee met yet?

[COLOR=darkred]Nashotah House in Wisconsin is a Anglo-Catholic, high church seminary.  [My rector is a graduate.]  http://www.teforall.org/seminaries.html  [/COLOR]- this website will give you information for all Episcopal Seminaries in the US.

Best wishes!!:)
Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 7:01PM #3
alanps
Many thanks Joan I will check this one out - yes the process has begun (just) - so we shall see where this takes me :-)
Best
Alan
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 7:01PM #4
alanps
Many thanks Joan I will check this one out - yes the process has begun (just) - so we shall see where this takes me :-)
Best
Alan
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2008 - 10:18AM #5
calebevans218
[QUOTE=alanps;849964]

Where in the US would be the best place to study ?
[/QUOTE]

With your Anglo-Catholic tendencies, I would recommend Nashotah House, as Joan said. Interestingly enough, it's the seminary I'm considering most seriously, myself.

In Christ,
Caleb
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 7:07AM #6
alanps
Many thanks again I will check this one out for sure. I am also looking into returning to the UK to train as an option.... it will be a difficult decision wherever I chose, as of course I need to consider all my family not just my own needs.
Best
Alan
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 7:07AM #7
alanps
Many thanks again I will check this one out for sure. I am also looking into returning to the UK to train as an option.... it will be a difficult decision wherever I chose, as of course I need to consider all my family not just my own needs.
Best
Alan
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook