Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Teach Kids Chrstmas??
6 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2008 - 2:27PM #11
Campbellite
That is a beautiful family tradition. I am now an empty nester, but we used to do something very like that.

As for "Santa's Day", you DO know that there really is such a thing. It falls on December 6th.

See? I can be controversial, too? ;)
You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2009 - 3:53PM #12
Mistah

Campbellite wrote:

That is a beautiful family tradition. I am now an empty nester, but we used to do something very like that.

As for "Santa's Day", you DO know that there really is such a thing. It falls on December 6th.

See? I can be controversial, too? ;)

Campbellite...i know im late with the comeback but,...i just wanted to say...you make me smile...:rolleyes:

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 10:58PM #13
newway87

As to the debate over the actual birth date of Christ, I don't think it matters.  Christmas (at least in our household) is a celebration in commemoration of His birth.  I am adopted, and I see this as akin to celebrating my "gotcha day"--the day in my family when we celebrate the fact that they "got me".  It's not really my birthday, but it's a day everyone chooses to celebrate my grand entrance.  (Not that I in any way compare to Christ, but I hope you'll all see the parallel.)  God bless!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 11:33AM #14
Campbellite

Mar 26, 2009 -- 10:58PM, newway87 wrote:

(Not that I in any way compare to Christ, but I hope you'll all see the parallel.)  God bless!

Joseph adopted Jesus.  :D

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook