Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Lay Presidency in Sydney
9 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 3:35PM #41
Mostyn32
According to an item in the News Centre of Anglicans Online, the Diocese of Sydney has been invited (if that's the word) to dissociate itself from Gafcon over this lay presidency business. What's that line that Dutch uses? Ah yes, schism breeds schism!
"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 12:30PM #42
Dutch777
Ah yes.  Schism breeds schism like microbes breeding in a Petri dish of agar-agar.

flickr.com/photos/elizabethkane/2227296552/

The tectonic fault lines were evident even before the GAFCON-artists had their fizzled meeting.  The fault lines are predicated upon:

-  nature of ministry to the LGBT community.
-  female ordination and consecration.
-  BCP edition.
-  lay presidency.
Primus inter pares status (i.e. who wears to biggest mitre).

BTW - who really believes that the North American Cone Heads are willing to be subjected to Greg Venables, an autocratic Primate of an extremely small, non-influential Province?  Believe me --- that will be the matrix of an entire sub-set of mini-schisms.  Schism breeds schism.
:)
The Path
To Moon
lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own
DharmaPath
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2008 - 2:16AM #43
brjohnbc
For anyone that is interested, you can order a copy of "The Lord's Supper in Human Hands" from the Australian Church Record .....  http://www.australianchurchrecord.net/
I received my copy last week and I'm sure you'll find it interesting reading.

Blessings
Br. John
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook