Switch to Forum Live View Hello Fellow "Grapesters"
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 5:26AM #1
Dawnd13
I've read thru some of the posts on this  particular board and noticed the term "grapesters" and had to chuckle.  I am a former member of the Vineyard Church of Columbus in Ohio.  I say "former" because I had to leave Ohio a few years back due to some very difficult times, but my heart is still in "my" Vineyard!  There is a small Vineyard church here in CT, but I miss my "home church" so much that I still listen to sermons from Columbus on the net here (they are available for download).
Anyhoo, I just wanted to "introduce" myself to some other Vineyard folks in order to connect.  I usually "hang out" in the depression support area, but I also wanted to touch base  now that I've found you folks here.  I was beginning to think that there were no other "Vineyard people" on B'net--I'm so glad that is not the case
Blessings to you all and have a great day!

DawnD13:D
DawnD13

Every day is a gift you've been given; Make the most of the time every minute your're living.--Chris Rice
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 7:27PM #2
samie
Hello there Dawn, glad to meet ya.:)  I'm samie..  Glad ya found us here. I've only been with my Vineyard a short time, but I LOVE it :DIt's not like any church I've ever been to, not that I've been to a lot of different ones, Methodist when I was little, tryed Baptist, mostly to stuck up for my  personal taste. The Vineyard is so warm and completely friendly, truely a 'family' type gathering of believers in our LORD Jesus Christ. Hope we talk soon, samie

ps. what do you  mean by Vineyard non-sectarian??
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 10:29PM #3
smallson
Welcome Dawn!

The church I go to isn't officialy Vineyard, though it is Vineyard in content.So I guess I qualify as a "grapester".
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2008 - 1:02AM #4
butterflynews11
Hi Dawn,
It's always nice to know there are other fellow Vineyardites, er, Grapesters on bnet. :O}
Another Vineyardite is active on a different forum but not here (I haven't asked why as it probably wouldn't be any of my business, anyway), so yeah, I hear ya... it's exciting to know there are others from our affiliation who's on this website.

Music is a high priority in the Vineyard as God inhabits the praises of his people, as you know. Nothing else matters when we're Worshiping and giving God the glory and thanks.
Tonight I had a hard time pressing in while Worshiping out of my home, however, but finally got a breakthrough. Thank you, Lord!

Well if you have anything in mind that you'd like to talk about, feel free to join in and/or start a topic if you like.

Take it easy and will talk with ya later, Grapesta sista!

Hi Samie!
Good to see you again! Hope you're doing well, my other sista the Grapesta! :^D

Hiya Smallson! My man, the Rapsta Grapesta! :^D (waving)

Ciao,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2008 - 11:17PM #5
Dawnd13

butterflynews11 wrote:

Hi Dawn,
My man, the Rapsta Grapesta! :^D (waving)

Ciao,
Yvette

LOL....Rapsta Grapesta....Grapesta Sista...You are too funn Yvette!  Nice to meet you all too.

Do you collect Vineyard CDs like I do?  My favorite is titled "breathe" with, of course that song as well as my fave "He is Yahweh"  I find it the most relaxing CD, especially at bedtime.  Really helps me wind down at the end of a particularly stressful day.  What are some of your favorite worship songs?  There is a CD that was recorded live at the Columbus, OH Vineyard church I used to attend--mebbe you can hear me singing on it!?! ;)

What I meant was nondemoninational, not non sectarian.  Is that in my profile?  If so, I must change that.  I am a true, dyed-in-the-lamb's-wool Christian! :o

What are your home groups like?  I was in a women's home group called "The Real Me."  That is pretty much how we all are:  very WYSIWYG!

Well, thank you for your posts, my Grapestas!

DawnD13

DawnD13

Every day is a gift you've been given; Make the most of the time every minute your're living.--Chris Rice
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2008 - 9:24PM #6
butterflynews11
Hi Dawn,
Hope you're having a happy Friday so far!
I'll have to check that song out. What's the name of the cd? Oh and 'Breathe' is my favorite soaking worship song released by Vineyard Music. Michael W. Smith's version and the version on the Vineyard 'Hungry' cd are good, too, but I'm partial to Marie Barnett's original version. Perhaps it's because I just got used to her version. But anyway, 'Touching the Father's Heart' is a most excellent series with which to get into God's presence.

There's a music thread on this board that has a slew of favorite worship songs (and Christian songs in general) if you'd like to check it out. It's a really long thread so I won't hold it against ya if you don't read through it all. haha (just joking around) The thread is in its third part, that's how lengthy it is! Smallson started the thread awhile ago and the first two parts are in the 'read only area' on the old board.

I have the Columbus Church site with Rich Nathan on my list of favorites, so I just may be able to catch ya on there from the archives! :^D (actually, I'm not a 'catcher') :^D
Rich seems to be a really nice guy. Very humble.
Since the church that you currently attend is smaller than the Columbus church, how are you doing with the adjustments?

Since local Vineyard churches do things a little differently, I was wondering what the similarities (or differences) of the format of your current church was compared to mine.
(I haven't been to church is a long time, and if there's been any changes, I'll let you know) We have an 'early rain' service, as well as a seeker-friendly service which usually started out with mingling and coffee before services, then prayer, worship continuing into the teaching as the Spirit would lead, announcements, the collection (as well as a box that's provided in the sanctuary for tithing at one's own volution), worship and ministry time.
At home groups, worship begins with prayer followed by worship, teaching and equipping, and ministry time.

Hi Samie!
How's it going! What's the format of your church like? Have you attended any home groups (or kinships as I call them)

Well have a great night!

With Many Blessings,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook