6 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 5:47AM #1
Caseygal
OK  our son has completed his first year as a transfer student at our old college (ENC) just outside of Boston, and from all I've seen and heard it seems to have gotten a lot more liberal than when we'd attended. It always was the most liberal of the Nazarene colleges (or so we conjectured), and I liked that actually, because dress codes etc weren't my cup of tea, and also because of the interesting diversity on campus. But I think they have gone a bit over the top. Back when I enrolled (as an example), I was asked to submit something from my pastor stating I am a 'morally upstanding'/spiritual person and also I believe a personal statement telling about my spiritual beliefs. My son's roomate (an atheist btw) says he was asked where he was spiritually on a one to 10 and gave 'zero' as the answer and was still enrolled. Kudos to him for being honest and I know they are short of money but still.....?? Is this happening to other Nazarene colleges too? Again this is is just one example of the impression I've gotten...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2008 - 9:43PM #2
mysterio
[QUOTE=Caseygal;532651]OK  our son has completed his first year as a transfer student at our old college (ENC) just outside of Boston, and from all I've seen and heard it seems to have gotten a lot more liberal than when we'd attended. It always was the most liberal of the Nazarene colleges (or so we conjectured), and I liked that actually, because dress codes etc weren't my cup of tea, and also because of the interesting diversity on campus. But I think they have gone a bit over the top. Back when I enrolled (as an example), I was asked to submit something from my pastor stating I am a 'morally upstanding'/spiritual person and also I believe a personal statement telling about my spiritual beliefs. My son's roomate (an atheist btw) says he was asked where he was spiritually on a one to 10 and gave 'zero' as the answer and was still enrolled. Kudos to him for being honest and I know they are short of money but still.....?? Is this happening to other Nazarene colleges too? Again this is is just one example of the impression I've gotten...[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's probably liberal by Naz standards!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2008 - 9:43PM #3
mysterio
[QUOTE=Caseygal;532651]OK  our son has completed his first year as a transfer student at our old college (ENC) just outside of Boston, and from all I've seen and heard it seems to have gotten a lot more liberal than when we'd attended. It always was the most liberal of the Nazarene colleges (or so we conjectured), and I liked that actually, because dress codes etc weren't my cup of tea, and also because of the interesting diversity on campus. But I think they have gone a bit over the top. Back when I enrolled (as an example), I was asked to submit something from my pastor stating I am a 'morally upstanding'/spiritual person and also I believe a personal statement telling about my spiritual beliefs. My son's roomate (an atheist btw) says he was asked where he was spiritually on a one to 10 and gave 'zero' as the answer and was still enrolled. Kudos to him for being honest and I know they are short of money but still.....?? Is this happening to other Nazarene colleges too? Again this is is just one example of the impression I've gotten...[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's probably liberal by Naz standards!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook