Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Catholic Exorcist says Yoga can lead to possession by the Devil
5 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 10:26PM #11
soma77

Catholics who are afraid of other religions are not very strong or deep in the Catholic faith. There is no need to be afraid. One needs to strength one's relationship with God and then there is nothing to fear.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2011 - 11:52AM #12
babeti

Why do exorcists and their clients think that demonic possession is   on the increase? Exorcists point to an alleged increase in interest in   the occult, together with risky behavior such as practicing yoga,  reading horoscopes, and an increase in new age forms of spiritualism.

newagemess.blogspot.com/2011/08/so-you-w...

Interesting to read how the Yoga got to us  in the first place. Its always worth knowing the history well in details :-)

newagemess.blogspot.com/2011/08/yoga-not...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2011 - 7:29PM #13
soma77

God is the strongest force so walk with the Lord and nothing can touch you.

Christian America has a spiritual deficit and the process of becoming a good Christian is the process of falling in love. God seems to reveal his love in a heart to heart conversation that enlightens the mind and enflames the heart with intensity. It is inside where the flames of love flare up, it also seems that religion diminishes and divides the love of God causing the heart to flicker. People talk about the devil, the cult and other things to put fear in people, not love. I wish religion would lead people into the inner altar of God where love can flare up and not become an attachment that limits and divides love. I feel we American Christians and Catholics need to try not to let religion cut our moorings so we drift to the surface and become the superficial Christians afraid of our shadows. Yoga is exercises that can relax the body and mind and increase our love of Christ. Fear is what keeps one from love and Our Lord.

Quick Reply
Cancel
11 months ago  ::  Nov 24, 2013 - 12:50PM #14
soma77

If God is the strongest force why are we Christian so paranoid over physical, mental and spiritual practices that can be beneficial? If we walk with Our Lord, we would talk and enjoy the experience and nothing would threaten us.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Jan 08, 2014 - 5:25AM #15
Mysty101

Hi,

There is a very fine line between natural beneficial practices and practices which derive their benefits from a source other than God.  

The devil is a master at disguising evil as good.  This is probably the reason many are so skeptical of many new age practices.  Some metalic bracelets seem to have a natural beneficial effect in pain management.  This is ok, but what about crystals & other items which claim to give "positive energy"?  

We do not channel positive energy from any other source than God.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Jan 09, 2014 - 10:07PM #16
soma77

I am a Christian and my God created everything, but people instead of talking about the glories of our Father rather talk about the power of the Devil. They instead of attracting people to God they condemn others and  what they do. It is no wonder that people love Jesus but don't like Christians or Christianity

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Jan 12, 2014 - 2:21PM #17
Mysty101

Hi again,

Do you care to respond to my question from a Catholic perspective?  If you do not wish to discuss according to Catholic teaching, this is not the correct forum for your conversation.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Jan 12, 2014 - 8:18PM #18
soma77

The proposition that God is one is one of the central tenets in the Catholic concept of the Trinity. It the Catechism of the Catholic Church is says:

IV. THE IMPLICATIONS OF FAITH IN ONE GOD

222 Believing in God, the only One, and loving him with all our being has enormous consequences for our whole life.

223 It means coming to know God's greatness and majesty: "Behold, God is great, and we know him not."46 Therefore, we must "serve God first".47

224 It means living in thanksgiving: if God is the only One, everything we are and have comes from him: "What have you that you did not receive?"48 "What shall I render to the LORD for all his bounty to me?"49

225 It means knowing the unity and true dignity of all men: everyone is made in the image and likeness of God.50

226 It means making good use of created things: faith in God, the only One, leads us to use everything that is not God only insofar as it brings us closer to him, and to detach ourselves from it insofar as it turns us away from him:

My Lord and my God, take from me everything that distances me from you.
My Lord and my God, give me everything that brings me closer to you.
My Lord and my God, detach me from myself to give my all to you.51

227 It means trusting God in every circumstance, even in adversity. A prayer of St. Teresa of Jesus wonderfully expresses this trust:

Let nothing trouble you / Let nothing frighten you
Everything passes / God never changes
Patience / Obtains all
Whoever has God / Wants for nothing
God alone is enough.5
I know you are sincere, but please serve God by praising God and not the devil. The devil has no power if God is the strongest force. We are not to judge and condemn that is what Satan does so why should we do his work for him. Maybe for you yoga is not your thing, but many have benefitted by relaxing and even becomming a better Catholic, remember Catholic means universal.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 27, 2014 - 8:21PM #19
Mysty101

The devil celebrates whenever anyone says he has no power.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Jan 27, 2014 - 9:12PM #20
soma77

I agree that is why we should talk about God and not the Devil. We talk about the devil in this and that gives the devil power. We don't have to worry about other things which we know nothing about faith in God takes care of things. Peace be with you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook