Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Catholic Exorcist says Yoga can lead to possession by the Devil
9 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2014 - 9:58PM #21
Dave434
Pope Francis put it best: "who am I to judge?" And Jesus said it perfectly: "Judge not, lest you be judged." How we can we condemn the spiritual practice of another? God, our Divine Wisdom, speaks in many different ways, in ways that match who the individual is. We are not another, how can we judge others? In case  you wonder, I am 80 years a Catholic. I have been involved in parish, diocesan, and national efforts dealing with the sole purpose of Jesus's work, to Evangelize, to bring God's love into the soul of another.. I have learned that God speaks to all, in the language that they can understand. Sometimes we do not understand their view, but God does. Whether it be Catholic, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or even Pagan, God speaks to the soul of the individual.  When you learn to comfort a soul in despair, a drunk, a lost soul searching for a meaning in life, God is there. And if you truly are a messenger from God, listen to their need, not your inclinations.

I have meditated for over 50 years, daily, using many different forms, including yoga, the psalms, the Breviary for 30 years. I have read the bible from the beginning to the end over one year. I have read well over a thousand theological and spiritual books. And I have listened to my God cry out from others, and rejoiced in their joy on discovering deeper meanings in life.

So, "Who am I to judge?"
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Feb 16, 2014 - 1:08PM #22
Mysty101

Hi,

No, we should not judge, but as Catholics, we must be careful of any spiritual practices that are not Catholic.  If we are meditating or looking for a connection, we need to be sure who we are calling.

I heard the Papal exorcist speak a while back.  He said you are really fooling yourself, if you do not acknowledge what havoc the devil can raise.

The devil is not a terrifying looking being with horns and a tail.  He can appear any way which will lead you astray.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook