Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Teresa of Avila 8-Part Series May 28 -31 EWTN
10 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 6:23AM #1
Barzillai

Teresa of Avila 8-Part Series
May 28 -31 EWTN

Beginning on Wednesday May 28, 2008, EWTN will show an 8-part series on the life of the "great saint and mystic Teresa of Avila."

Spanish with English subtitles.

Part 1 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 2 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 3 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 4 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 5 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 6 — it presents the turmoil surrounding Teresa’s return to the Convent of the Incarnation in Avila in October 1571.

Part 7 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 8 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Here is a link to the EWTN schedule chart for May, 2008

http://www.ewtn.com/tv/NAadv0508.asp

Here is a link to an article about this great saint

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=208

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 10:21PM #2
Barzillai

Here is the correct list of the contents of 8-parts of the Teresa of Avila (the gret Christian mystic) mini-series that will be shown beginning on May 28, 2008, on EWTN.   

For those who love Teresa, this TV mini-series should be a must-see event.  For those who do not know of Teresa and if you have any interest in mysticism, you may want to read the article on Teresa at Catholic Online.

Part 1 — it begins in Ortigosa in the summer of 1538, introducing Teresa of Ahumada, as she was then known.

Part 2 — it opens in August 1539, as Teresa struggles with serious illness.

Part 3 — it continues to explore Teresa's struggle with illness and her disturbance at the Inquisition.

Part 4 — it sees Teresa sent to Toledo, just as she battles to start her reformed convent.

Part 5 — it reveals the opposition Teresa and her new Discalced Carmelites face.

Part 6 — it presents the turmoil surrounding Teresa’s return to the Convent of the Incarnation in Avila in October 1571.

Part 7 — it is set in summer of 1575 in Seville, and finds Teresa troubled by illness and the Inquisition.

Part 8 — it reveals the aging Teresa continuing her great work of reform until her death.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 11, 2008 - 6:35AM #3
Mysty101
Thanks for posting this. I look forward to the series.

One of my favorite quotes is from St Teresa-
"Those deceive themselves who believe that union with God consists in ecstasies or raptures, and in enjoyment of Him. For it consists in nothing except the surrender and subjection of our will."

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2008 - 4:58AM #4
nnn123
thanks for sharing this with us.

here's another link:

Writings of St. Theresa of Avila

http://www.catholicfirst.com/thefaith/c … HAPTER%20I
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2008 - 10:56PM #5
Barzillai
I carefully recorded all of these eight TV shows about Teresa of Avila which are in Spanish with English subtitles. And I have begun to play the first show, listening to the TV because that is how I "watch" most TV.  I think many people do this too.

But, because I do not speak or understand Spanish ... I have still not watched and read even the first 15 minutes of the first show although I have tried 4 times. I turn the show on but then begin writing on the computer as I listen .... ooops.

From what I have seen, it looks like a good series, actually I should say it sounds like a good series!:)

John
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook