Switch to Forum Live View Interesting happening today.
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 7:46PM #1
Ironhold
Cumulus Broadcasting had a job fair today.

As Cumulus owns one of my favorite local radio stations, I decided to make the effort to drop by; even if I didn't get any job offers, I was still curious to see if they'd actually have any of the station's talents on-hand for the event.

Even though I was wearing my best (and only) suit, something told me to take my well-worn AC/DC baseball hat with me. As I'd leave for class right after visiting the job fair, I decided to do so since everyone in class is used to seeing me with it.

As I was retrieving the copies of my resume that I had printed off, something told me to actually take my hat inside with me. Normally such a thing wouldn't fly with a recruiter, and so I stuffed it inside my rather bulky suit jacket and went in.

When I made it to Cumulus' booth, I met with their recruiter; she was with their sales department. She was delighted to learn that my minor was in marketing, as she said they frequently need more sales staff.

Right out of nowhere, she then asked if there were any other positions I might like to try and apply for.

I pulled my hat out of my jacket, showed it to her, and put it away.

She immediately offered to see if there were any openings for assistants in the broadcast booths, and when I told her that I had no broadcast experience she responded by saying that there was a first time for everything.

I left my resume with her and we parted ways.

So yeah - my ragged ol' hat might have just gotten me a job.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 7:46PM #2
Ironhold
Cumulus Broadcasting had a job fair today.

As Cumulus owns one of my favorite local radio stations, I decided to make the effort to drop by; even if I didn't get any job offers, I was still curious to see if they'd actually have any of the station's talents on-hand for the event.

Even though I was wearing my best (and only) suit, something told me to take my well-worn AC/DC baseball hat with me. As I'd leave for class right after visiting the job fair, I decided to do so since everyone in class is used to seeing me with it.

As I was retrieving the copies of my resume that I had printed off, something told me to actually take my hat inside with me. Normally such a thing wouldn't fly with a recruiter, and so I stuffed it inside my rather bulky suit jacket and went in.

When I made it to Cumulus' booth, I met with their recruiter; she was with their sales department. She was delighted to learn that my minor was in marketing, as she said they frequently need more sales staff.

Right out of nowhere, she then asked if there were any other positions I might like to try and apply for.

I pulled my hat out of my jacket, showed it to her, and put it away.

She immediately offered to see if there were any openings for assistants in the broadcast booths, and when I told her that I had no broadcast experience she responded by saying that there was a first time for everything.

I left my resume with her and we parted ways.

So yeah - my ragged ol' hat might have just gotten me a job.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 07, 2008 - 12:00AM #3
moksha8088
A tip 'o the hat to your inspiration. :)
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook