Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is God a Trinity or One?
7 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2008 - 3:44PM #1
tralon08
After years of studying the trinity issue and being a trinitarian for many, many years I cannot continue to hold this view. Why?  Because of many reasons. One, obviously is because God is not three persons but ONE.Deut 6:4.If God would have been a trinity in the time of Israel of old, then the jews would have told us this long ago. But they have always been mono-theistic. I believe we try to think of God in HUMAN terms or understanding. But this is faulty, because God in his true essence or nature is not human but divine spirit. Something we cannot fully understand. In John 1:1 it states the Logos or the Word was with God. But what exactly is the Logos?  Certainly he was not human, but as our Greek lexicons tell us, the Logos was the reason, the expressed word or thought of God. This word or reason indwelled within God himself and was brought forth from God and this Word became flesh.John 1:14. Totally a MAN!!!!

Jehovah Witnesses state this word was ANOTHER godlike being beside God the father. But the difficulty with this idea, we then have one Almighty God with another little god of sorts with him, which is polytheism and NOT mono theism. Thus the concept of God being mono theiistic is reduntant according to Jehovah WItnesses.So understanding that the divine reasoning or divine Word of God became human we keep mono theism intact and thus have ONE God within a human being. The human being BECAME the Son of God.  To me this is the best understanding of this all. As for the Holy SPirit, can there be ANOTHER spirit besides the spirit of God himself? No, for the spirit of God IS God himself  revealed in his power, presence and shekinah glory. The Holy Spirit is not a THIRD PERSON besides the spirit of God the Father, but IS the spirit of God the Father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 6:51PM #2
nancyflorencecarlson
holy spirit is not god the father the overglorified version of yahweh it is the actual higher power which created yahweh and all the other gods.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 1:32PM #3
helen_febus
If you would like to have scripture as proof  to show beyond the shadow of doubt if God is a Trinity or One; just click on the link below.  This is a Power-Point presentation and you will need to use your mouse to click through it.

[COLOR="Blue"]What is meant by: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 12, 2008 - 10:36AM #4
helen_febus
[QUOTE=helen_febus;470304]
If you would like to have scripture as proof  to show beyond the shadow of doubt if God is a Trinity or One; just click on the link below.  This is a Power-Point presentation and you will need to use your mouse to click through it.

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Is God One or a Trinity?[/COLOR][/B]

A small bos will appear asking for a password, just click on the tab that says "Read Only" this will open the presentation for you.

God Bless All
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 9:40PM #5
beforHim
How do we get around the contradictions of God being one?

Like the "Lonely God", Jesus Baptism, John 14ish-16ish, etc.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 24, 2008 - 11:36AM #6
helen_febus
[QUOTE=beforHim;520364]How do we get around the contradictions of God being one?

Like the "Lonely God", Jesus Baptism, John 14ish-16ish, etc.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, I am not sure who you are replying to, if to me, did you look at my Power-Point presentation in my last post. It has biblical answers for the question is God One or a Trinity. Also, for more proof of One or Three, please click on link below.

[COLOR="Blue"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Did Jesus Pray To Himself[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]

God Bless You,
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 25, 2008 - 1:38AM #7
beforHim
My bad.  Yes, I was replying to you.  The PowerPoint link didn't work.  I'll try it at another computer.  Thx for the other link!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 25, 2008 - 3:35AM #8
helen_febus
[QUOTE=beforHim;522595]My bad.  Yes, I was replying to you.  The PowerPoint link didn't work.  I'll try it at another computer.  Thx for the other link![/QUOTE]

You are welcome,

Try the link in the above post  "Is God One Or A Trinity."

You will need high speed internet  to open this Power-Point file.

May God Bless You,
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 3:56AM #9
aramark_girl
This is in response to Post # 2

However, Jehovah in the Old Testament said, paraphrased, "I am the LORD thy God, beside Me there is no other."  He also said He is a jealous God, and will not share His glory with any.  I don't have time to go Scripture hunting this late at night. 

God has many different roles, but only one Name under Heaven whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12) that was revealed to us:  Jesus.  It means "Jehovah Saves."  Now, let me give you an example I'm sure you've heard before.  Suppose you were to write a check; how would you sign it?  Would you sign it father, son, friend, brother, pastor, cousin, uncle, friend, nephew, employee, customer, etc?  Of course not!  You would sign your name, whatever that happens to be. 

It is certainly true that God has a lot of different roles.  The Bible refers to Him as the Ancient of Days, Alpha and Omega, the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, our High Priest, the Author and Finisher of our faith, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, the Rose of Sharon, etc.  But He is just ONE and only one.  Just a a diamond has many facets, it is only one stone.

If He Himself said He is One, do you wonderful humans *really* want to argue with Him?  I don't think that's a very good idea.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 5:33PM #10
pastorlsm
I can understand your reasoning, but consider this, the bible as stated in John 1:1 says the word, the word was made flesh as stated in John 1:14, there is no possibility that the spirit became flesh as the spirit is omnipresent, I suggest that there is no way of seperating the word from the creator of the word, God and his word are one, so therefore God and Jesus are one in essence.
The easiest way of explaining this is that what we say is an intricate part of us, and we are known by who we are and what we say.So also is God. Jesus himself said that God is a spirit in John 4:24, It was the word that was made flesh, not the spirit.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook