Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is God a Trinity or One?
10 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2008 - 3:45PM #1
tralon08
After years of studying the trinity issue and being a trinitarian for many, many years I cannot continue to hold this view. Why?  Because of many reasons. One, obviously is because God is not three persons but ONE.Deut 6:4.If God would have been a trinity in the time of Israel of old, then the jews would have told us this long ago. But they have always been mono-theistic. I believe we try to think of God in HUMAN terms or understanding. But this is faulty, because God in his true essence or nature is not human but divine spirit. Something we cannot fully understand. In John 1:1 it states the Logos or the Word was with God. But what exactly is the Logos?  Certainly he was not human, but as our Greek lexicons tell us, the Logos was the reason, the expressed word or thought of God. This word or reason indwelled within God himself and was brought forth from God and this Word became flesh.John 1:14. Totally a MAN!!!!

Jehovah Witnesses state this word was ANOTHER godlike being beside God the father. But the difficulty with this idea, we then have one Almighty God with another little god of sorts with him, which is polytheism and NOT mono theism. Thus the concept of God being mono theiistic is reduntant according to Jehovah WItnesses.So understanding that the divine reasoning or divine Word of God became human we keep mono theism intact and thus have ONE God within a human being. The human being BECAME the Son of God.  To me this is the best understanding of this all. As for the Holy SPirit, can there be ANOTHER spirit besides the spirit of God himself? No, for the spirit of God IS God himself  revealed in his power, presence and shekinah glory. The Holy Spirit is not a THIRD PERSON besides the spirit of God the Father, but IS the spirit of God the Father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 5:57PM #2
nancyflorencecarlson
or what you call god is one thing that breaks down into millions of other gods.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 8:25AM #3
Tmarie64
Do you have only one side? 
I don't.  I am a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a daughter in law, an employee, a sister in law....
I have MANY different aspects.

Why can't God have three?
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 12:58PM #4
malanga
Tralon8,

I do not think you understand what Christians believe the Trinity is.  You seem to suggest that it is believed that the Trinity is 3 separate entities. Much like three separate people.

Wikipedia define the Trinity as:

The Trinity is a Christian doctrine, stating that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons: the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

I believe it was St. Patrick who used the clover leaf to explain the Trinity to new converts.  Each leaf is separate and distinct, yet it is still part of the same plant.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 03, 2008 - 9:35PM #5
nancyflorencecarlson
One the trinity is just that jesus, yahweh and the holy spirit are very similiar to each other but are actually different beings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 6:03PM #6
acomtha
If they are actually different beings, and still believed to be all God, that is polytheism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 4:32PM #7
acomtha
I don't think Jehovah's Witnesses think that way at all. It is just accredited to them by those that do not wish to understand what is meant, to use as an argument.

The bible refers to God, Jesus, Judges and people as gods in most translations, it isn't meant to be literal. Only that we are in his image.

And so much for that....this is a Christadelphian board last I looked.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2008 - 1:26PM #8
Yodalady_AA
God is just BIGGER than anything we can even think about out.  Vast..  and maybe we aren't supposed to figure it out.  Just be close and listen.  our little human minds don't even have the right words ..so we make them up and insist EVERYONE  believe our verison.  Sad and rather a waste. 

Churches do not work for me.
YL
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2008 - 11:35PM #9
acomtha
[QUOTE=Deep Thought;589530]Sorry if I have offended, I replied to the post because I was interested in the title. I guess I should have looked at what board it was coming from. I just looked on the latest post thing. I am going seem really ignorant here but can someone explain what a Christadelphian is briefly? I have heard of it but don't know anything about the main features or differences between it and other branches of Christianity. I am keen to know more, to help me discuss.[/QUOTE]

All that I meant is that this isn't the board for discussing Jehovah's Witnesses as this is a Christadelphian board.

No one was offended.  Look up Christadelphian Forums  on Google.

Acomtha
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 5:22AM #10
Australian_Composer
[QUOTE=Deep Thought;589530]Sorry if I have offended, I replied to the post because I was interested in the title. I guess I should have looked at what board it was coming from. I just looked on the latest post thing. I am going seem really ignorant here but can someone explain what a Christadelphian is briefly? I have heard of it but don't know anything about the main features or differences between it and other branches of Christianity. I am keen to know more, to help me discuss.[/QUOTE]
http://www.thechristadelphians.org/foru … hp?act=idx

AC
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook