Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 2:13PM #1
Shaner
Anyone else glued to the tv, when Benedict XVI is on?  Or listened to his Speeches so far?

He seems to be really enjoying the visit and appeared to be genuinely moved by the crowd at the White House lawn breaking out into song yesterday for his Birthday! 

A couple of his Speeches have contained the strongest language yet on the subject of the abuse cases. 

Peace,
Sandy
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 7:02PM #2
Mysty101
Hi Sandy,

Yes, we are seeing a side of the HolyFather which is indeed uplifting.  I don't recall seeing this much joy at any other time. 

It was helpful to hear his comments on abuse, but much more is needed.  Perhaps holding the offenders accountable, rather than continuing with the rewards some were given would be a start. 

It is difficult to carry on when so much is left unfinished.

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 7:04PM #3
Mysty101
PS...and yes, I am glued to the TV when I am not working or playing nanny.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 7:02PM #4
Mysty101
Hi Sandy,

Yes, we are seeing a side of the HolyFather which is indeed uplifting.  I don't recall seeing this much joy at any other time. 

It was helpful to hear his comments on abuse, but much more is needed.  Perhaps holding the offenders accountable, rather than continuing with the rewards some were given would be a start. 

It is difficult to carry on when so much is left unfinished.

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 7:04PM #5
Mysty101
PS...and yes, I am glued to the TV when I am not working or playing nanny.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 10:36PM #6
Barzillai
What statement or image of Pope Benedict XVI stands out in your memory from his "Christ, Our Hope" visit to the United States?

I know it is unfair to try to single out one thing, in fact, it may be missing the point to think in terms of "one thing," "one statement," or "the most important," etc.  The great and lasting impact of B16's visit may be the entire spiritual memory created in our culture over the entire six days.

But, the one thing that stands out in my memory is Pope Benedict XVI standing in the Park East Synagogue, New York Friday, 18 April 2008. His short statement is here, but it is the image that stays in my mind.:)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook