Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 4:40PM #1
j_Rob
Hey all,

I never thought I would say this, but I am getting really interested in the MCC.  I am not LGBT, but I am a staunch supporter of equal rights and frankly I have a tough time finding a church liberal enough for me. 

I was just wondering what percentage of MCC members are LGBT?  Its not that I have any problem with them (see above), I just wouldn't want to be the only straight guy in the congregation.  Also, what is the worship like (ie, a more-or-less nonliturgical protestant service, or something more structured)?

Thanks in advance for any insight y'all might have!

j_Rob
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 3:42PM #2
ToujoursDan

Sorry it took so long to respond. I am not MCC but went to the Cathedral of Hope Church in Dallas for about a year. when it was part of the MCC. I now attend an Episcopal Church.

The breakdown I often saw is that MCC churches tend to be 10% straight and 90% gay. Many straight friends, parents and inlaws of gay people attend MCC where they don't have to choose between being a faithful Christian and loving their gay friend.

I hope that helps.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook