Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
7 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 11:27AM #1
ktbabe
Is there a church teaching about bikini waxing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 12:03PM #2
Mysty101
[QUOTE=ktbabe;365229]Is there a church teaching about bikini waxing?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

And welcome to this forum.

Specifially?  no. I suppose you could apply some general teachings on vanity, modesty, and possibly doing something which might hurt you.  (There can be some skin or small blood vessel damage)

Not sure why you are asking this question, especially if you are not Catholic .  Would you mind saying why you are asking?

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 8:55AM #3
Mareczku
I'm a guy and don't know much about this stuff but I think the Church has bigger fish to fry.  In truth, if someone dresses modestly they don't even need to be concerned about stuff like this.  I think our society brainwashes women into having a twisted idea of what beauty is.  If only people were more concerned about their inner beauty.  Just my opinion.

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 4:20PM #4
cswalters

I have looked for your question on 3 Catholic websites for this answer, they are ewtn.com, catholic.com, and newadvent.org, and none of which talk anything about it, so you might want to talk to you local priest about this...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 4:20PM #5
cove52

ktbabe wrote:

Is there a church teaching about bikini waxing?

I am not sure of the exact Catechism reference page, but I think it says something like if you get pleasure from having your bikini waxed :eek: you are "disordered" and must avoid the temptation.

I wish you all the best.

"I yam what I yam and I yam what I yam that I yam / And I got a lotta muscle and I only gots one eye / And I'll never hurt nobodys and I'll never tell a lie / Top to me bottom and me bottom to me top / That's the way it is 'til the day that I drop, what am I? / I yam what I yam."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 6:06PM #6
etsryan
Having a bikini wax is one thing.  Parading it around in public is another...in the name of modesty, most (all) bikinis are tempting/sinful - whether you are shaved or not.  If you are married and enjoy oral sex with your spouse, I imagine waxing would be helpful in certain ways.  I always thought oral sex was illicit, but I hear I am wrong on that.  Some folks like the way God made them and leave things alone, too. 

Crucify the flesh?

Don't focus on one's crotch so much?  or wax/shave and offer up the pain/discomfort? 
I guess I would say - consult your spouse.  If you aren't married, what you do is your business in that regard in my hh opinion.  It seems like a fetish in a way though. 

Risen Lord Jesus' Peace!
e.t./sue ><>*:D (:
Risen Lord Jesus' Peace!
e.t./sue ><:> *:D (: + 
Yesh!  www.muttscomics.com
www.chesterton.org
American Chesterton Society Conference-usually in St Paul, MN Mid-June, but the 2009 Conference is scheduled Aug. 6-8 in Seattle, WA - you go, West Coast...
Some of what Gilbert K. Chesterton says:
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."
"I agree with the realistic Irishman who said he preferred to prophesy after the event."  (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing their being settled for you."
"If there were no God, there would be no atheists."
"Once abolish the God, and the government becomes the God."
"Men are ruled, at this minute by the clock, by liars who refuse them news, and by fools who cannot govern."
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."
"You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution."
"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter."
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
"There are some desires that are not desirable."
"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."
"Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it."
"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man."
"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 1:46PM #7
MatthewM13134

Jesus said, "Thou shalt not wax the private parts"

I hope the church does not have an opinion on bikini waxing.

What is next....
Should I put my left sock on first or my right sock?
Can I wear a baseball hat backwards?
Are watching R rated movies bad?
Can I have a mole on my back removed?
Is farting in public rude or necessary?
Are video games the invention of Satan?

In all seriousness, what you should be more worried about is what would Jesus's opinion be, not the church doctrine.
Jesus did not approve of the Jewish priest's literal interpretation of the laws of Moses.
For example, not working on the Sabbath.  Also Jesus said that basically most foods are kosher.
It isn't what you eat that makes your soul right or wrong.  It is your actions towards others.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 5:56PM #8
Mareczku
Hi Estryan.  I think that the church considers oral sex to be sodomy.  It is considered a perversion.  But if a couple is married and does this, it is not a major sin if it is consensual.  I would suppose that couples that practice natural family planning could do this during unsafe times.  I doubt if it is something that married people would confess. 

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 10:40PM #9
WaveringCC

Mareczku wrote:

Hi Estryan. I think that the church considers oral sex to be sodomy. It is considered a perversion. But if a couple is married and does this, it is not a major sin if it is consensual. I would suppose that couples that practice natural family planning could do this during unsafe times. I doubt if it is something that married people would confess.

Peace - Mareczku

Mark, it's a little trickier than you think.

First, oral sex between husband and wife is not a sin at all - it is perfectly licit. But there is a catch and that is why couples practicing NFP may not use oral sex to experience orgasm.

The catch is that oral sex is licit as a form of foreplay only - and must be completed by intercourse!  If a couple uses oral sex to reach orgasm with the intent of avoiding intercourse (to avoid pregnancy), then it is not licit, at least  according to the celibate priests who occupy some parallel universe in Rome.

Only the RCC could come up with reasoning that is this distorted!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2008 - 6:23PM #10
Mareczku
Well, that is interesting Wavering.  What if the couple just feels like messing around a little and doesn't want to go all the way?  I can't imagine that the Church actually cares.  To me it should kind of come down to what the couple is comfortable with. It sounds crazy to me that the Church thinks it is OK as long as you don't have orgasm.  It seems confusing. 

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook