Switch to Forum Live View Let's Talk About Grace (Oh My!)
6 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2008 - 5:27PM #1
LiveOak
"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."  2 Corinthians 1:2

Pam suggested we talk about grace, which is a fantastic thought, since we are called to think about such things that are true, noble, right, pure, love-l-y, etc. as Phil 2:8 lays out.

When I think of grace, I think of:
* "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, which saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see." Reflecting beautifully from Romans 7:7-25, where Paul describes his own, and my own, struggle with sin; and then at the pit of despair when Paul cries out, "What a wretched man I am! Who will save me from this body of death?" Grace answers joyfully, "Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
* "Grace, grace, infinite grace" - another song of the saints. How infinite? "Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life."
* Wonderful grace of Jesus, greater than all my sins."

I hope these songs and scriptures will be on my heart daily (yours too).

Cheers,

Dave
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 1:09PM #2
MarGal
Grace is one of my favorite subjects...for without it, I would be lost. I depend on God's grace every single moment of my life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 3:13PM #3
imsavedru
And His MERCY too!!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook