Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 2:30AM #1
familynews
I come quickly saith the Lord. Be Prepared (Revelation 22:12).

Revelation 22:7: Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? - 2nd Peter 3:1 - 12.

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee - Revelation 3:2 and 3.

We live in a day and age, where men no longer preach about the soon coming return of our great God and Saviour - Jesus Christ the Lord.

Nor, are they watching and praying.

Even those within the Apostolic Christian Community are thinking that they have a whole life-time to get right with the Lord, not realizing the day and hour we are now in. We are in perilous times where men destitute of the truth preach across our airwaves, and lead our nations saying that we no longer need to heed God's word. WE also live in times of tribulation for many of the saints of God, and many in the modern western world and across the globe are starting to become dead wood. Some have stopped openly preaching about the virgin birth of Jesus on their web-sites or in person. Some say we should take back 'Halloween' and have our own party. Others openly live as though Christ Jesus will never return (not in their lifetime and not ever). Still others because of persecution have converted to the Muslim faith, and now we are seeing a new and rising danger of Apostolic Christian leaders openly supporting and singing the praises of a new national leader and many around the world of every faith who openly worship him hailing him as their financial messiah and global leader.

Remember the Anti-christ whom shall soon be revealed (Revelation chapter 13) shall speak great, swelling words of vanity and will speak against the one true and only living God, and all whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life will worship the Anti-christ either in word or by deed receiving his mark. I also want you to note there are many anti-christs even now (1st John 2:18). Hilter was anti-christ and many worshipped him doing whatever he commanded of them. Had he won WW2 all of Europe would have been Islamic as this was his secret plan. Will you now choose life, so that you may live for all eternity with the Lord or will you simply choose to be the pawn of another anti-christ. For you will not know who are the real workers of iniquity are, or what really is sin or why that God shall send all sinners whom have not received Biblical salvation to the lake of fire for eternal punishment or whom anti-christ is until you walk in the truth of God and have obeyed that form of doctrine which leads to life eternal? Before it is too late will you not make yourself ready for the Lord of glory's return? Please also note that the only ones who will resist he who is anti-christ and his will and direction, and willingly and purposefully worship only the Lord God Almighty - Jesus Christ are those whom have heard and obeyed the Gospel of Jesus Christ the Lord which includes hearing Acts 2:38 and obeying Acts 2:38 and having obeyed are now preparing themselves for Jesus Christ's second coming - his return. Be ye Holy for I am Holy, saith the Lord.

To the Christian I say, BE PREPARED! Christ Jesus our Lord is soon returning for a bride that is without spot or blemish. Psalm 24:3 - 5: Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

To everyone else I say this, but not I only, but the Apostle Peter whom spoke on the day of Pentecost and the Lord Jesus Christ also. Acts 2:38 - beginning with Acts 2:14 - 42, Acts 8:14 - 16, and Luke 1:26 - 42: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized (by immersion in water) every one of you in the name of the Jesus Christ (the Son of God - Mark 1:1 and God manifest in the flesh - 1st Timothy 3:16 - our great God and Saviour - Titus 2:13; Jesus Christ the Lord - Luke 2:11) for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (and speak with new tongues - the Prophet Joel).

There is only one God and he is the Lord and his name is Jesus who is the Christ. The Lake of fire for all ungodly sinners and those whom are workers of iniquity and unrepentant men is not a myth. It is real. The wrath of God shall be poured out against all ungodly sinners, and also against unrighteous and evil men. Eternal Life is not a myth, either. It is real! Salvation belongs to our God and is worth paying any price to obtain. The Lord Jesus Christ shall soon return. Jesus Christ the Lord of glory really is returning soon! Jesus Christ the Lord is my great God and Saviour and he can be yours also.

God Bless!!!
bkw...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2011 - 12:47PM #2
wishforkitten30
Here it is, two years after this post to which I reply was written, and something new is happening.  Interestingly enough, there have been Muslims converting to the Apostolic Oneness church, because we are the only ones that do not believe in the trinity.  THAT is why Muslims hate "Christians" so much, because almost all of them believe in three gods.  They have to go through all sorts of mental calisthenics to try to rationalize it and say they don't, but it all boils down to the fact they believe in three gods.  Just because God acts in different ways at different times does not mean He is three.  Especially NOT when it is written in His Word that He is only ONE!

The United Pentecostal Church International, for one, is seeing quite the influx of Muslims being born again as the Scripture has said, precisely because we believe and teach that God is only One, as He Himself has said.  I do not personally know of any other Oneness groups, but I would presume that any which exist probably have also been seeing Muslims saved.  In my own personal church, there is a lady who was a Muslim, and even came to our church in Muslim attire, who obeyed Acts 2:38 and since then has been faithful in attendance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2011 - 10:16PM #3
Theo

Interestingly enough, there have been Muslims converting to the Apostolic Oneness church, because we are the only ones that do not believe in the trinity.  THAT is why Muslims hate "Christians" so much, because almost all of them believe in three gods.  They have to go through all sorts of mental calisthenics to try to rationalize it and say they don't, but it all boils down to the fact they believe in three gods.  Just because God acts in different ways at different times does not mean He is three.  Especially NOT when it is written in His Word that He is only ONE!

Nonsense. While it may be true that the UPCI and other Oneness Churches have been seeing more Muslims coming to faith in Christ lately, it is not because they are attracted to Oneness beliefs over those of Traditional Christianity. Many Christian Churches have seen Muslims turning to faith in Christ lately, especially here in America, where Muslims presently have far greater opportunity and exposure to Christianity and the Gospel than they do in Muslim nations. In most Muslim nations it is considered apostasy for Muslims to become Christians, punishable by death at the hands of their Muslim relatives and family members.

Moreover, Muslims do not hate Christians because most of us believe in the Trinity. Muslims hate Christians because Islam is a religion of hate and aggression towards anyone and everyone who does not submit to Allah and confess Mohammed as His prophet. They’re rejection of the Trinity is not so much because they do not believe in Jesus Christ – but because they do not believe He is the Son of God, or that, as His Son, He was God manifested in the flesh.

There really is no great advantage provided by Oneness beliefs for bringing the message of the Gospel to Muslim people, the fact is that most of them would rather cut off your head than listen to anything you have to say about Jesus Christ – and I am sure it would not make a bit of a different to them if you screamed – “But wait, I don’t believe in the Trinity!”

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2011 - 11:28PM #4
wishforkitten30

Theo:

You hardly need to be rude about it.  Calling my thread "nonsense" is personally attacking me, and is completely uncalled for.  I was not so inconsiderate when I wrote, so why would you be?

You do not have to believe me if you don't want to, but what I said is fact.   One major problem Muslims have with most Christians is their belief in three gods.  I do not go socializing in foreign countries with Muslims, so no one is going to be cutting off my head for any reason.

If you are some variety of Christian, why were you so rude toward me in your post?  I would love the answer to that question.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 3:46AM #5
Theo

wishforkitten30:

If you are some variety of Christian, why were you so rude toward me in your post?  I would love the answer to that question.

I gather from what little your B-net profile reveals about you that you are new to these forums. People who can’t stand the heat should stay out of the kitchen, either that or grow thicker skin. On most of the forums in which I participate, people generally consider me one of the more well behaved individuals. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I called the ideas you presented in your post nonsense because frankly – they are based upon conjecture and wistful thinking, not upon reality. A personal attack is very different, instead of calling the ideas in your post nonsense, I would have to call you an idiot or a liar or something like that – and I did not do that nor do I believe that of you.

In 1978 I was a student in a Oneness Bible College, and in one of my classes a professor of mine once made a similar argument, explaining that the doctrine of the Trinity was a stumbling block to Muslims, and how the Oneness of God and proclaiming who Jesus Christ really is, has such a profound effect upon the Muslims who hear the truth. But the reality is, there was no great awakening of Muslims becoming Oneness Pentecostals back in the 70s anymore than there is today.

The reality is that Muslims who come into the USA are exposed to all forms of Christianity weather they like it or not, moreover, the greater freedoms this country provides – gives them a genuine opportunity to convert from Islam to Christianity without posing as great a danger to their lives. In Muslim countries, Muslims are not free to believe the Gospel even if they hear it. Christians are not allowed to preach it, and Bibles are not allowed in many Muslim nations… and those who preach the Gospel, smuggle Bibles, and convert to Christianity in those countries are in serious danger of being murdered – often by their closest relatives.

So even if you could quote statistics from Oneness Churches across this nation, (which you did not do in your previous post) indicating an increase in Muslims getting baptized in Jesus name… if you have no corresponding information from Trinitarian Denominations, your post’s thesis has no merit.

In my previous church I was friends with an Arabian princess, born to Arab Muslim parents living here in America; she converted to Christ as a young woman attending College in Eugene Oregon. She married a white America, a charismatic Episcopalian, and they were members of my church for about 8 years, until she and her husband moved away. So I actually have firsthand knowledge of this subject – and no, the doctrine of the Trinity was not a stumbling block to her coming to Christ. The fact is, one does not have to even mention the doctrine of the Trinity when preaching the Gospel… except by inference when quoting passages of Scripture like John 3:16 – which says that God so loved the world that He came to save us Himself – He did not send His kid to die for our sins > Errr wait, that isn’t what John 3:16 says… is it wishforkitten30???

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 11:20PM #6
wishforkitten30

Actually, I am not new to these boards at all.  I am very familiar with the site, to the extent I even remember when the Pentecostal Oneness and Pentecostal Trinitarian boards did not even exist.  I just choose not to put information on my profile, and I don't have to.

I encourage you to visit the website www.upci.org and look under the "Foreign Missions" link.  There, you will see a tab at the top of the screen that says "missionaries."  Mouse over, and select "interactive map" from the drop-down menu.  There, you can find all the countries where the UPCI has missionaries around the world, INCLUDING in so-called "Muslim" nations.  There are plenty of Muslims worldwide who have heard the Truth and have become Christians. 

To you assertion that I allegedly have no personal experience with this, I must inform you that you are wrong.  In my own church, there is a lady who used to be Muslim, and came to Truth.  Just because Muslim conversions may not be getting published in the newspapers does not mean it is not happening.  Indeed, there are more now than there have been in the past, among the UPCI.

Remember, God is a Spirit.  You cannot see a Spirit.  So God put skin on, was born a Man (Jesus) and died for our sins. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook